Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas day fun

Mimi with the highly anticipated electric toothbrush. I swear, this made her the happiest.
I am sure I am not the only parent who gets her kids socks for christmas. Mimi got a 'box of socks', Patricia got socks and a shirt, Vivian just got socks, but Trystan got BLACK SOCKS!!! Why do you think I got him black socks? Of course it's because all of his white socks end up black. I decided to save him some time.
So, explain to me the logic behind buying him white shoes. I don't understand it either. The only reason I bought him white shoes is because they only cost $12.50. Yes people, you read right. K Swiss sneakers for $12.50. If they had my size, I would have bought some for myself.
This is Patricia's obligatory bag of Jelly Belly's. They were almost all gone by the time we finished opening presents. She's fast, huh?
Mel got tools. He needed more levels. (whatever)
Vivian and Mimi got lots of bath paraphenelia. Those girls love their baths. Viv couldn't wait to 'paint' the bathtub.
We had been planning on a huge present and reveal for our kids for Christmas since September. We got them a Wii and some games and accessories. The kids noticed a big box in our garage a couple of weeks ago, and guessed what it was. They guessed right, but we tried to pretend that they didn't know what they were talking about. So, on Christmas eve at dinner, Trystan said, "Mom, I bet you are going to set up Guitar Hero World Tour up in the playroom with the Wii, and that will be our big surprise for Christmas." I told him that that would be a great idea if we had one. I still wasn't ready to admit to my cheating kid that he was going to get a Wii. I totally know he peeked, so I decided that I was going to make him work for it. That night, Mel and I decided to hide the Wii, the games, and accessories throughout the house so they would think that we didn't buy them one. After all the presents under the tree were opened, the older two were very concerned. "Is that all?" and "What about the big box in the garage?" were repeated over and over again. We almost had them convinced that we were just holding on to the big box in the garage for a friend, when we told them that they had to search for the last present. This video is what happened. If you decide to watch it, turn your volume down once you get to the part in my closet. Yes, my closet is a mess, and no, I don't mind letting all of you see the mess.




'Wooooooah we're halfway there, woooooo ooohh livin' on a prayer.....'
I am sad to say that I didn't get dressed until about 8:30 pm when Mel and I went out to the movies.

5 comments:

Darcy said...

That is a total commercial for Wii! lol You all are so funny.

Ariella said...

LOL! That was fun. Adam is totally regretting having ours set up now. :)

YOU DID IT!!! I LOVE your hair!

Oh, and we totally have the same wrapping paper. PX?

We got Mario cart, too. Maybe in a couple weeks, when I'm not falling into pits constantly, we can do a Bell/Minnick tournament.

Monique said...

What a climax to a great Christmas day. Haley is already good at the Wii. What? You are only 5. And we don't even have one. But we do have Rock Band so I feel ya on the Family Fun! Dylan is our rocker and the girls just love it. Merry Christmas!

SheL said...

I don't think it is sad at all that you didn't get dressed until 8pm.. I actually think that is pretty sweet. Loved the video =)

Des said...

Looks like fun. And look at your skinny self. You look great!