Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Mel is so handsome. I love him so much. He is actually baking sugar cookies for Santa with the kids right now. I don't know how I would survive without him. He's the greatest husband ever.



Patricia couldn't be any more beautiful if she tried. Since she's started Facebook, she has mastered the art of the self-portrait. They are so expressive and beautiful. I like this one because she has the 'yeah, right' look on her face.



I am not sure when Trystan took this picture, but can't you just see that he's up to something? It's as if he is looking back to check to see if I can see him bugging Mimi. And he probably did it anyway.




Here is my superstar!!! She is such a sweet child. She's helpful, kind, smart, funny, beautiful. Did I say kind? I love her hair in this picture. I love her hair period. She has great hair. Next time you see her, check it out. You'll be jealous.




Vivian's first dance recital. She was a reindeer. Can you just eat her? She was so hot and cold about dance class. She likes it, she doesn't like it. Her teacher is mean, she wants her teacher to come over and play. Typical three year old. That's what she is. I keep telling myself that one day it will be all over and she won't be a cute little three year old anymore. That will be the day of my dreams.




And now for the real surprise. Yes, I finally did what I have been talking about for months. It isn't exactly what I wanted. It's kinda orangey, yellowy. I might try again next week, but my scalp hurts after two different bleaching applications in two days. My main consolation is that in two months or less, it will be all grown out and black again. Maybe I'll try something else next time. What do you think? Patricia says that now I have to do something really dramatic with my makeup. I keep reminding her that I am 33. Orangey/yellowy hair is enough.

12 comments:

Little Mama said...

Wow! Maybe some "gold dust" for your eyebrows would be enough "dramatic" make-up for Patricia.

You do have a fab family! Merry Christmas!

Brandi said...

I actually kind of like the hair. If you lightened your brows just a shade or two (not as light as the hair!) it would be pretty fabulous.

I once had hair that color for a week, but not on purpose. Clairol put the wrong formula in the box.

Oh, and Patricia? Gorgeous!! When did she grow up?

~Brandi

Marianne said...

I agree about the eyebrows. I'm just worried about how they grow back in. How would that look? I've never done anything like this before and I'm clueless.

Lucy said...

I love a good change, it looks HOT. I want to see it in person - so January, come prepared, maybe you could go red!

And I LOVE that you celebrate Christmas, talking about your family. You're truly blessed if you have a great family!

Have a great day!

Marianne said...

Lucy,
Thanks for pointing the fact out that I talked about my family. I just realized that by doing that, I am recognizing where my true treasure lies.

Shilae said...

I like the hair--you're so brave! Merry Christmas!

Kylene said...

Oh what fun! I have been trying to work up the courage to add highlights to my hair (really I can't justify the cost and the upkeep). Its addicting doing different things with your hair. I'm already thinking next time... SO maybe in two months you'll be platinum or plum!:p

Marianne said...

I really want platinum, but as my good friend Amy says, "You really need to get it done by a professional if you are going to do something so drastic."

I don't know, maybe red for next time. We'll see!

Marianne said...

Brave? Is that another (nicer) way to say: Crazy? Out of your mind? What were you thinking?

Monique said...

Oh c'mon! You are crazy, woman! And that is why I like you. Bold and beautiful! Go platinum for sure. You do have quite the stellar fam. The apples don't fall far from the tree my friend. Merry Christmas!

Darcy said...

Merry Christmas to your family from mine. I love all of the pics.

SheL said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!