Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Then, while we were looking at aprons, I mentioned that I had to throw my favorite apron away a little while ago because it was so old and funky and threadbare that I couldn't even wash the funk out. (I had the apron for over 10 years) So, she decided that rather than buy another apron that I didn't really love, she would make one for me instead. But she didn't just make one for me. She made one for Mimi and one for Vivian too. Oh, and it's REVERSIBLE!!!!!!! She only finished Vivian's tonight, but as soon as all three are done, you'd better believe there will be some pictures of us all in our cute little aprons.
My mom is so cool. She is crafty. And whenever she comes to visit, I can't wait to see what cool projects she comes up with for us (her) to do. Sad that she leaves tomorrow. Can't wait to see her again!!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Once I figured out that she is 'between jobs' (I'm kinda slow), I saw it as the perfect opportunity to have her come stay with us for a couple of days. She usually is so busy with work (used to work shiftwork at a hospital), that we only get to see her a couple of times a year even though we only live about 4 hours away.
AND SHE'S COMING TOMORROW!!!!!
I can't wait to tell the kids. I know they will be super happy about seeing her. Oh man, now I have to make sure the place is cleaned, and that we have groceries, and that the extra bed has clean sheets, and, and, and...... UMMMMMMM, gotta go!
Friday, May 16, 2008
It's great for my newly planted and replanted flowers, shrubs, and grass. It's also great for my allergies. BUT I AM READY FOR SUNNY WEATHER!!!
Ok. I feel better. Thanks for reading.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
- I can sit outside and hang out while the kids play. It's especially wonderful to hang out in my backyard now because Suzan and Mel landscaped it last week, and it's FABULOUS. You should come over and hang out with me.
- My kids don't hang out inside the house all afternoon and watch tv. (AKA: bug me)
- We get to go on 'Minnick Family Walks' on Sunday afternoons.
- Skirts and dresses.
- Flip flops/sexy high heeled sandals.
- Driving in the car with the windows down. Notice I said warm weather. I can't do this in hot weather. Then, it's all air conditioning in my car.
- Nighttime walks with the dog.
Most of them have to do with being outside. I love to be outside when it's warm. Don't you?
Sunday, May 11, 2008
I think we fell in love with the music. Now we have these fantasies of being out in our newly landscaped backyard on a hot summer night, drinking icy cold lemonade, listening to Sinatra on an old record player and dancing all night. Woooo Hooo! I seriously am going to the thrift store tomorrow to buy a record player and some records.
We would like to extend an invitation to any of you who might be interested in joining us for moonlight dancing in our backyard this summer. More details to come...
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Please do not come to my store after you have just finished working out. I am glad that you have a healthy lifestyle and enjoy exercising. However, I do not want to have to talk to you because you are all red and sweaty. You make other customers feel like slugs because they didn't work out today like you did. That's ok, because at least they aren't all sweaty. I am sure you are a busy person and that is why you still have on your gym clothes, but please change your clothes before you come to my store to shop.
The cashiers at Wal-Mart
(I like these letters. I feel like Harmony)
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
- Vivian likes to jump down the stairs. Yes. Jump. I don't get it. She just barely learned to walk downstairs, and now she wants to jump? So, every time I see her jumping down the stairs, I tell her, "Please don't jump. Hold on to the railing to be safe." So, you'd think that by now, she would know not to jump. Right? This morning, I heard her jumping, and before I could remind her not to, she fell and smashed her little face into the gate at the bottom of the stairs. So, once I determined that there wasn't any blood or broken bones, I had to resist the tremendous urge to tell her, "Now, THAT'S what you GET for jumping down the stairs!"
- Like Patricia, I was the oldest sibling. I had two younger brothers. Every so often I would be a nice sister and let them play in my room with me. She does the same thing. Inevitably her siblings end up getting into her stuff, acting like morons, and refusing to get out when she asks them to. So, after she comes to me totally frustrated and ready to kill her younger siblings, I tell her the same thing that my mother told me, "Sometimes that's what you get for being nice. One day they will appreciate it."
- Trystan can't seem to get it through his thick head that he isn't supposed to rough-house with the dog, Weber. Weber is 70 pounds of bone and muscle. Mostly muscle. He is a big, slobbery boxer. And he loves to play. When he rough houses with Trystan, he likes to jump and grab with his mouth. That's how dogs play. I don't care if he plays that way with other dogs, but he is not allowed to play that way with people. Trystan can't seem to get that through his head. He loves to wrestle and grab at the dog. Weber is all too eager to wrestle and grab back. Can you guess where this story is going? Weber almost always gets carried away and grabs Trystan's sock and rips it. Or he'll grab at his shoes and bite them off. He can't always tell when Trystan is done playing. So, Trystan ends up getting frustrated, hurt, or mad. I never miss the opportunity to tell him, "THAT'S what you get for playing innapropriately with the dog."
I have many other instances like this. I guess it does make me sound like a 'Miss Know-it-all'. But, I do. Well, about most things that have to do with my kids. And if they would just listen to me in the first place, I could save them from unnecessary pain and frustration. They will thank me one day. Yeah, right. "THAT'S what I get."