Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mel is pretty awesome!!

For those of you who didn't already know, I just thought I'd tell you that he's a pretty awesome husband.

A couple of weeks ago, in anticipation of Mother's day and our recent move, he made 'secret' arrangements with my brother and a good friend of the family (Carol) to take me away this weekend. We are going to Carol's wonderful cottage in West Virginia called 'Dream Time'. My brother is staying with the kids, and my mother also came up for the weekend to see the house and to help out. I don't know how to get there, I don't know what we are going to do, I don't know what we are going to eat, I haven't been involved in any way. All I have to do is show up. I love that!! I know it will be great.

I can't wait until tomorrow morning!

7 comments:

Linds said...

What a great surprise. All the fun and none of the planning. Nice.

Emily said...

Now, that sounds like fun. I am totally green with envy! Have a great time and a great Mother's Day!

Brandi said...

Jealous!!!!!I can't even get my husband to choose a restaurant.

Slavka said...

Now that is definitely awesome! Happy Mother's Day!

Jared and Lydia said...

I'll echo Brandi's Jealous!!! That sounds like so much fun, and how relaxing not to have to do a darn thing!

Ariella said...

How fun!!! You married a good Marianne. ;)

Ariella said...

That's supposed to say, you married a good man, Marianne. But, I'm not THAT jealous...cuz I did too. :)