Sunday, July 26, 2009

We've only lived here since April

Here is the street view of the house
Our parking lot!! Yes, parking lot.
The prized, thrice transplanted, and thrice divided hydrangea bush. I love hydrangeas!
My favorite spot in the whole house is outside on the deck.
Yes, I know it's blurry, but you read right. BACK ACRE!

Yes, it's a nature trail. It's not very long (400 feet), but it goes around Minnick Mountain to the back acre. The back acre AKA: Minnick family bonfire and campground.
I'm not taking pictures of the inside of my house. It's a house. There isn't really anything fancy about it. We have beautiful hardwood floors. That's about it. The furniture is the same, so if you have ever been to my house before, you've seen it already.
We had a bonfire a couple of weeks ago, and it was too dark for any of the pictures to come out. I'll take pictures at the next one. We are having a famly campout sometime in late August-mid September. You are all invited. Send me an email if you want to get the evite.
That's all. See you next month!

11 comments:

Linds said...

Shut up! You have a back acre?!? That is just awesome! How many acres do you have? From what these pics show your property is awesome, I'd better not show Steve or he will be soooo jealous! Okay, I'm jealous too for that matter. I hope we can make it out to visit you guys...

SheL said...

Awesome pictures! I SO wish we could come to the campout. We miss you guys.

Brandi said...

If it wasn't an 11 hour drive I'd soo be there.

And I want a back acre! *Jealous*

Ariella said...

I was so bummed we missed your cook out. A campout sounds fun though. Count me in. About time you posted some pictures. I was tired of imagining some bug infested creepy house in the middle of nowhere. This is much better. ;) Can't wait to see it in person.

Dasha said...

Love your place. You totally scored as you well know. The cookout was a rockin' success. We had a blast and am so glad you invited us. And we would love to be on your list for the family camp out. Marianne you rock. And how can I get a rockin' body like you????

Lucy said...

Fixer Uppers are so fun... FUN! I have to convince myself too.

Here's the scoop, a "tree surgeon" came to give us a quote on our trees, I'm not kidding, but they need some work. But he said, you can manufacture a view, a lot, etc. But the stuff inside and out you can change. SO YOU DID GOOD! Looks Gorgeous!

Kylene said...

The bonfire was awesome, my kids keep asking if we are going again "today". I love your deck too, so private. I can't stand naked on ours with out risking 15 different families catching sight of me.

Harmony said...

I love Kylene's comment--her and her nudity problems! Let her visit your house and have all the naked time she needs!

Seriously, that yard and deck are AMAZING!!!

Long live naked time!

Linds said...

Wow, Marianne! I LOVE that deck- it's gorgeous, and awesome back yard. I'm glad you guys have such an awesome place to live.

Rodriguez Family said...

The deck would probably be my favorite part of the house too. It's gorgeously unique and looks to be a real stress reliever and relaxation spot. Too cool that you have a back acre and campout area. Sweet! Kudos all around for scoring such a great place.

Monique said...

Ward Campouts!! woohoo! I love your home and Minnick Mountain. That's pretty sweet. And only ONE acre? geesh. ;)