Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy (belated) Birthaversary!!

We were young and pregnant and facing a PCS, so we decided to get married!


So, we went to the Chatham County Courthouse in Savannah, GA (where we were both stationed) and did it! I mean, we got married. Aren't I a radiant bride? True story: When we were outside the judge's chambers, there was this guy who had like three gold teeth in his mouth that was trying to pick up my mom. On MY wedding day! Can you believe it?
Big belly makes nice pillow. 11 days later, Patricia was born. Not such a romantic story, I guess. But hey, that's ok because 14 years later, we're still hot for each other. Gotta love it!



7 comments:

Slavka said...

Happy belated birthiversary!
You look just like Patricia in these pics...or she looks like you ;)

Brandi said...

I was just going to say the same thing Slavka said--you look JUST like Patricia. It's weird because I've never seen the resemblance before.

(And Mel looks better now with less hair).

Darcy said...

Good times! Now I see Patricia. :)

SheL said...

Happy Birthiversary =)
Like everyone else, I was going to say Patricia totally looks like you! Thanks for sharing these pics.

Ariella said...

You guys are so lovey-dovey cute! Your both so little. ahhhh!

Is that a pom pom on your lap?

Kylene said...

Congrats! And I was going to comment just like everyone else...You are definitely Patricia's mom :)

Des said...

Laughing as I type this because AGAIN I was going to add how much I thought Patricia looked like you! I also, never saw the resemblance. Too funny.