Thursday, November 5, 2009

good news, bad news, good news, bad news

good news:
  • no joint pain
  • no muscle pain (can't believe I'm not sore)
  • asked a friend that i train if she'd train for the triathlon with me and she said yes

bad news:

  • registration for triathlon closed yesterday

good news:

  • don't have to rush to see if the 'ol ankle can handle running. i can take my time and do it gradually
  • my training friend is going to do one in the spring, and i will probably do a different one with her then
  • i have a month to see if the ankle is good or not

bad news:

  • i'm pretty underweight, and am trying to gain weight (yet another reason for Brandi to hate me)
  • this isn't really compatible with triathlon training because i need to be focusing on muscle building and de-emphasizing cardio.
  • so, even if i end up not doing the triathlon, i still have to cut back on my 1 or 2 hours of cardio per week
  • you all probably hate me now. keep your hatred to yourself. i don't want to hear about it.

12 comments:

Dasha said...

I'm keeping it to myself!!!!

Marianne said...

Good!!

:P

Jennifer said...

I dont hate you!!! I've totally got the reverse-weight issue going on too! =D

Brandi said...

Awww, Marianne, you know you're my favorite person to pretend to hate.


And actually, I have sympathy for you on the needing to gain weight department. My husband is about 25 pounds under weight. He eats all day long. He eats junk food, whole dairy products, you name it. They even tested him for parasites. (Yeah, eww). He just can't gain weight.

He had some students from Puerto Rico who called him SGT Flaco (Which I guess means SGT Skinny).

Unknown said...

Awesome about the triathlon! Do it - they're totally fun! About the IronGirl being closed...look at the SheRox series instead. The closest one is in Philly but it's better than not doing one at all and it was a great race series. IronGirl fills up so early!

My word verification today is skingsh and I think it's totally mocking your skinniness. Keep eating more! :)

Monique said...

Hey, cardio keeps your heart healthy. As long as your healthy, I wouldn't worry.

I Love Food said...

My first husband was underweight as well no matter what he ate. He was 6'2" and 135 lbs! We weighed the same thing when we got married and I am only 5'3"! LOL
One of our daughters is insanely skinny... she is 9 years old and 53 lbs. Tiny thing.
Glad to hear that you have a month so see if the ankle is good or not.

Unknown said...

I don't hate you... I'm just jealous =)

Amy said...

Don't worry you are coming home for Thanksgiving and I'll fatten you up. We are built for endurance here not for speed.

Marianne said...

Awwwwww, Amy. Coming home. That's so sweet. It is like being home at your house.I love you.

Jared and Lydia said...

Yes, let's not mistake "hatred" for "jealousy." We're just all INSANELY jealous. In my recurring dream, I go to the doctor and he says, Lydia, you MUST EAT MORE! You MUST!!!!!! I always wake up with a smile on my face after that. :-)

Rodriguez Family said...

Totally not about this subject but can I have your email address?