Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I can't believe I'm actually considering this

Yesterday while I was talking to one of my BFF's, Suzan, she mentioned that she is doing the Iron Girl Triathlon . She had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to do it with her.

Me??!! A triathlon? You want me to run?

I don't run. I made a vow not to run after I got out of the Army 11 1/2 years ago. I can't go back on that vow. Not to mention that I have a screw in my ankle. Not to mention that I hate running.

So, why am I considering it?

I guess because I already cycle (in a class - a controlled environment), and I swim (i can make it 20 minutes if i'm lucky), and I'm in good shape (kinda on the skinny side). So why not?

6 comments:

Des said...

Go for it!! I would recommend signing up ASAP so you won't be able to change your mind.:)

Brandi said...

Do it!!

If I can run for two miles without dying, you can do a triathlon.

Monique said...

Do it!! That would be awesome. And I agree with Des. Sign up quick!!

Sarah said...

Go for it! I'm all about living vicariously through my friends, so this would be great for me!

Ariella said...

Oh! Now I see. I should have read this one first. Suzan IS pressuring you. ;)

I can be your cheerleader and if you push me enough, you know I'll cave and do it with you.

Marianne said...

Ariella, you're such a sucker for peer pressure.