Saturday, December 12, 2009

Genius

Viv: (screaming and rolling on the floor) But I don't WANT to go to bed!!

Me: oh! You don't have to go to bed right now. You can come brush your teeth first, then go to bed.

Viv: (calmer) But I still don't want to go to sleep!!

Me: OK. You can just lay in your bed till you fall asleep. You can just stay awake until you fall asleep. Ok?

Viv: (with a triumphant smile) Yeah! Ok!

And she trotted into the bathroom to brush her teeth, go potty, and got her PJ's on and got in bed.

Thank you, zoloft.

6 comments:

Monique said...

sneeeeeaky!!!

and oh so smart!

Dasha said...

tried that and didn't work. any other tips for my 3 1/2 yr old?

Ariella said...

HA! That's too awesome. I'll have to try that with my crew. I just don't have the Zoloft to help. I think I can still do it.

SheL said...

Definitely genius.

Linds said...

love it. and it worked beautifully! lana will say once she is in bed that she's not tired and i'll say okay just lay there then. it usually works too.

I Love Food said...

Oh my, that is too funny! I love it when kids think they get the better of us. :-)