Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pet Peeve about BGW women

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah..... I had a great time and all of that junk at the BGW-2010. Here's my peeve with all of you girls. Well, not all. Just the ones that have asked me for recipes.

The recipes were on the kitchen island all weekend. IN PLAIN SIGHT. I didn't make any attempt to hide them or even discourage anyone from seeing them. If you wanted the recipes, you could have taken a look and copied down the recipe for yourself. You could have been proactive about it and gone home with the recipe in hand. Ashley did. So why didn't the rest of you?

I hate to email recipes. It takes time. Time I don't really want to spend copying a recipe. I don't usually use my desktop, so to write a recipe on my iPod is excruciating. I won't do it. I am not going to email any recipes. I'm just not going to do it. If you live near me, you may come over and I'll photocopy the recipe for you. If you have my phone number, you can call me and I'll tell it to you over the phone.

You girls know me. You know I love all of you. I'm just a brat.

Ashley, I will buy a cookbook from you when you publish it. Just remember, I am a contributor. I won't pay full price.

11 comments:

Brandi said...

Way to give a girl a heart attack.

I thought you were going to call us all bitches.

(By the way--I have all of Ashley's recipes if any of you need them. I have no issue sending them to you).

greta said...

phew. i'm with brandi, for a second i thought you were going to go off on certain people who are socially inept and keep interrupting you :). glad i flew under the radar on that one....

Marianne said...

I'll never live that down, will I Greta? I'm sorry. It wasn't you. It was everyone interrupting everyone. I just happened to reach my limit when you interrupted me. I think that makes ME the socially inept one, if I'm not mistaken.

I am so glad that you came, and look forward to doing totally tough, kick-butt yoga soon. Very soon. Like next week when the kids are in school all day.


Brandi, we are all bitches in our own special way.

Brandi said...

Awww, that's right. And you're the most special bitch of them all. :)

Kylene said...

You made me cry! Just kidding!
I saw the recipes, but I only brought yarn with me and wasn't about to try and knit it out :p
Although...now that I think about it maybe I could have just taken a picture of the recipes...Sorry...I didn't bring my brain that weekend either...

Marianne said...

Kylene,

There was a black spiral notebook and a pen on the island too. What's your excuse now?

Thanks Brandi!

Kylene said...

Okay, awesome Marianne just spent 30 minutes on the phone talking recipes with me, and I'm pretty sure her finger tips would have worn off typing all that to me. PLUS she gives lots of great advice that may or may not involve cooking at all...

Thanks Marianne!

Brandi said...

Oooooh...your blog just got all purty.

Jared and Lydia said...

Wah, wah, wah, wah, boo, hoo, boo, hoo. Do I need to remind you that I asked you at the weekend if I should write them down, and you told me that they were on your facebook page, but it turns out you were a big fat liar and they're not on your facebook page?

Marianne said...

Two things Lydia:

1. I told you the scone recipe is on FB. It is.

2. Ariella copied the recipes today at my house and is planning on sending them out to people. She's the better friend.

Don't call me fat. That makes you a liar. LOL!!

Sylwia said...

i just need the scone recipe. and not even in detail. just ingredients and measurements and temperature to cook them on. thanks.