Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's a hug!

I've been sick since Monday. Coughing, sniffling, and achy. Oh! How I ache! I can't drive because it hurts my hands to grip the steering wheel. I also can't focus on the road because focusing makes me want to close my eyes and sleep. My joints don't hurt too much as long as I stay on ibuprofen. I forgot to take it yesterday because I felt good when I woke up. By lunchtime, I was almost in tears because every joint in my body ached. 


Needless to say, I'm a pretty boring mom this week. Vivian and I were getting some snacks to take downstairs to eat while we waste hours on the couch, when I asked her to give me something. 

Puzzled, she asked, "What?" 
I promptly replied, "It's big, and warm, and-" 
"A HUG!! IT'S A HUG!!"
"Yes dear, it's a hug. That's what I'd like you to give me."
"You got it mom!"

And I mustered the energy to hold her in a full-body legs wrapped around me hug. She's the greatest!


No comments: