Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I guess I lied

It all started with the cinnamon rolls. Ariella knows about them. They were so fantastic and gooey and bready and sweet. Those used to be my three favorite food groups, you know? I pretty much didn't eat anything unless it fit into one of those categories. I'm sorry, Jamie. Then I got super busy working at the gym, and I stopped eating crap. And there went the sweet tooth.

Until this week. I think it's officially back!
This is Trystan's birthday cake! It's sooo fabulous! I mean, really. AWESOME! You all have eaten my creations. You know what I'm capable of. I've outdone myself this time. Seriously.


It's a devil's food chocolate cake, with my signature white chocolate buttercream frosting with chopped double stuff oreos mixed in. The white chocolate is sandwiched between two layers of chocolate cake. Did I mention that the filling tastes like the yummy delicious filling of an actual oreo? It's the combination of white chocolate buttercreamy-love and the double stuffing of the oreos. I'm a genius! (yeah, really!) Did I also mention that the filling is as high as the cake? Then it's topped with my (other) signature dark chocolate buttercream, and garnished with oreo crumbles. You have to eat a small piece. It's that rich. It took all afternoon to make, but that's ok. I like doing crazy stuff like that. Oh yeah, and I made a few cupcakes with the leftover cake batter and frosting. I couldn't let it go to waste.

One more thing: Today was Trystan's 11th birthday. I'll post more about that maybe tomorrow. We had a great day. The End.

10 comments:

SheL said...

Glad to have you back =)

Sarah said...

I think I gained 3 lbs just looking at those photos.
Devil woman.

Dasha said...

I think I just gained 10 pounds thinking about making them for myself. No birthdays coming up, so I guess I have to create an excuse! Welcome back, we missed you. LOL

Brandi said...

I'm completely nauseous even thinking about taking a bite (even though it looks delicious--my nausea is no way a reflection of your culinary abilities). Oreo filling made me queasy even before the surgery, but now I really think it could kill me.

Happy birthday, Trystan. August is the month when awesomeness is born. This week especially.

Unknown said...

That cake looks AWESOME!! I love Oreo cookies. They were my major craving in pregnancy with Eliza. Well, them and butter and I would have eaten them together if it didn't seem so weird. How's that for a dietitian? I totally go along with your favorite food groups. I usually respond with "anything containing cream cheese" as my favorite food, but I really mean anything sweet with cream cheese.

Crystal said...

um...can we get the recipe for those frostings? I'm in love. I've been desperate to find something that tastes just like the oreo cream for years. I didn't know I could have just asked you.

Marianne said...

ummmmmmmm....... NO.

Sorry Crystal. This is one recipe I'm not giving away. That's why it's called my signature recipe. I'm not sharing this one. Ask me for any other recipe and I'll give it to you. But not this one. Really.

I can't even claim that I've sworn not to give it away like Harmony and her brownies. I'm just being selfish. You know me. You understand. Right?

Harmony said...

Ha ha ha! Woman, you won't give your recipe away? Now you know my PAIN! I think the world isn't ready to have that frosting ready for mass production anyway.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to start licking the computer screen though--it really looks amazing!

Monique said...

I love me some oreos. I make a yummy Oreo Pie that is delish. Both of my girls suggest it for their birthdays... I may have to suggest this one for mine. Pretty Please?

Ariella said...

yummy! If I hadn't just eaten half about bag of peanut M&Ms, carmelized french toast and a cinnamon roll, I think I would be liking the screen right along with Harmony. mmmmm