Friday, April 16, 2010

the next time you see me...

I'll be a triathlete!!

I'm so excited I could pee my pants which I will probably do because that happens when I run. About a mile into my run, when I overcome the intense feeling of quitting, my mind gives up and lets my body take over. I'm on autopilot. It's exhilarating! It's great! It's when I feel like I could run forever!

Unfortunately for my shorts, my pelvic floor muscles decide that they don't need to keep up the pace, and take a break. Not a long break. It's more like a mini-smoke break. Just enough to get quick nicotine fix, but not enough time for a whole cigarette. That's what my bladder does. It's pretty annoying when it happens because - well, because I don't like the idea of pissing myself. I've been potty trained for more than 30 years, and I kinda like it that way.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried the most logical choice: pee before running doesn't work. I've restricted my fluids: risk of dehydration. Kegel exercises: great muscle tone for other pelvic activities, but not so much for this one.

At least I'll be wearing padded shorts. And I'll already be wet. Maybe it won't matter. Maybe I should just accept my pissypants for what they are, and be OK with them. Maybe I should get off the computer and pack my things together so I'll be ready to go when it's time to go.

I think I'll go do that.

I'm outta here!

8 comments:

Slavka said...

Good luck Miss Pissy Pants! ;)

Brandi said...

Well, I'm definitely calling you now. I need to laugh at your infirmity in real time.

Linds said...

I pee my pants right now too... but that's because there's a baby who keeps jumping up and down on my bladder. I tried to make you feel better at least. Good luck!

Marianne said...

Brandi, if you call me and laugh at my infirmity? I'll call you after your tummy tuck and make you laugh.

Don't mess with Tex!

greta said...

good luck girly! can't wait to hear how it went!

Sarah said...

I wouldn't stress about being a pissypants. My friend Sheree has been a hard core runner for practically her whole life and she does it. I think it's just one of those things.

Ariella said...

I'm so excited for you! Go Marianne! GOOOOOO!!!!!!

Pee happens. Could be worse.

Monique said...

It happens to the best of us. I wear a thick pad. Having kids does that to you... unfortunately.

GOOD FREAKING LUCK! Kick the pee out of the rest of the triathloners.