Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What I Haven't Been Doing:

  1. blogging
  2. knitting
  3. working
  4. cooking
What I have been doing:
  1. having mini-panic attacks about open-water swimming
  2. being talked down from those panic attacks by the best friend in the world, Suzan. (Sorry Amy, your level of expertise is nil on this one. She wins the BF category in this arena)
  3. running (under 26 minutes/5K)
  4. biking (Love it!!)
  5. swimming? (That belongs up there. Refer to #1. Avoidance is the best answer, right?)
  6. gardening (Hey, I have to do something instead of swimming, right?)


The triathlon is happening in four more days! Who wants so skip church and cheer me on?

9 comments:

greta said...

what time is it at? could i get a ride? i must warn you, i'm not a happy morning person. if you can handle a cold shoulder until i have coffee and see the sun for a few hours i'll surely be there to cheer you on at the finish line :)

Brandi said...

If it wasn't a 12 hour drive, I'd totally be there.

Marianne said...

Greta! I should have guessed!! After the coffee. LOLOLOL

I'm leaving on Friday, and staying until after the triathlon (duh).

Linds said...

The swim will probably suck, but then you'll be done with it and on the others that will be a piece of cake! Good luck!!!

Marianne said...

Thanks Lindsay. I like that advice. I think I've pretty much resolved myself to that truth. I just want to get it done now. I'm tired of the anticipation.

Come on, ALREADY!!

Monique said...

Woohoo!! Can you just attach a webcam to your head for me? Can't wait to see your pics. Good luck!!

greta said...

oh, monique i like that idea! i want a webcam too. that would be way cool then we could watch and cheer you on in the comforts of our own home! :)

i really do wish you luck marianne. you're a ROCK STAR! kick some serious ASS!

Marianne said...

I wish! I don't even know how I'm going to take pictures. It's not like I'm going to be able to carry around a camera to snap pictures. They will have a professional there to take pictures of people, so I hope I'll be able to get one of those.

I am tempted to go buy a little pocket camera. BUT!!! If my fan club comes out to support me, I won't have to worry about that.

greta said...

email me the directions. i might be able to go!