Sunday, September 14, 2008

too much for one post

I have so much to blog about, it's crazy. So, I am going to break it up into chunks. I'll blog the big events from the past two weeks over the next couple of days. It's crazy. We had a ton of things happen all at the same time, and I got overwhelmed and boycotted blogging. That's why I am going to ease into things.

On Saturday, September 6th, we planned to have a crazy triple carnival party. Since three of our kids were born within a month of each other, we decided to have a cool outside party for all of them and their friends. We planned a dunk tank, balloon darts, ping pong ball toss, matching floating duckies, ring toss, guess the candy in the jar, potato sack races, and tug-o-war. That's what we planned for 9/6/08. Hurricane Hannah had different plans. She rained out our party on Saturday. Call it what you may, but our ox was stuck in a hurricane. So, we decided to have the party on Sunday. As you all will see, it was worth the wait because the weather was totally fantastic.

Balloon darts

Mimi beating someone at the races

Some of the neighborhood moms decided to race against each other. Check out Misty on the far left.Yeah, I won!!! Sorry about the butt shot. See where Misty is? I don't think she moved. I think she just turned around. Totally fun. Totally. We sang happy birthday to each kid. Trystan turned ten on August 18th. I am not going to list 10 great things about him or list 10 reasons why I am glad he's my son. I'll save the list making for tomorrow's post.

Then it was Vivian's turn. She turned 3 on September 8th. Guess what else is signifigant about that day?


And last but not least is Patricia. She's not 13 yet. Her big day is on Friday the 19th.
I didn't really get a good count of how many kids were at the party. We had mostly neighborhood kids. Patricia invited a couple of people from her school, and we had a mysterious family from church who shall remain anonymous. (I'll only out myself and my family for breaking the sabbath.)

Here's the Tug-o-War line. I wasn't pulling. I was the judge. See Suzan? She was the ready, set, go! person. (whatever that's called) Yeah, the two loudest mouths at the place.

We gave out tickets to the kids and they used them to 'buy' goodies from the store. Patricia, Mel and I had a blast at Five Below shopping for that stuff. I am so thankful to all my great neighbors and friends for helping run the stations, serving food, running the store, and cleaning up. They helped make this the best party ever!

5 comments:

Jill said...

marianne!! holy smokes that looks like the best kid party EVER!! major points to the best mom on the planet...i'm not showing my kids a THING from your blog lest they get some crazy idea that i could possibly put something on for them as cool as this. well done! :)

Crystal said...

I about died laughing when you said "ox in the hurricane." are you gonna copyright that or can I use it?

Looks like a fun party!

Marianne said...

Sure Crystal, you can use it. But I stole it from Mel. It wasn't in the mire. Our ox was stuck in a hurricane.

LMAO

SheL said...

That looked awesome! I bet the kids had so much fun. You are so creative and such a fun mom. I love the pic of Mimi in the potato sack... almost as much as I love the shot of YOU in the potato sack! You have a wicked vertical.

Ariella said...

Alright! Alright! It was me and my kids. We broke the sabbath! Oh, but what a way to go! So fun. Thanks for letting me out myself. I feel so much better now. :P It was amazing how well behaved all the kids were, now that I think back. It was just a gorgeous day for a party. You out did yourself...and that's hard to do.