Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day fun

Today, we decided to do a little family fun at the C&O canal. It was about a 45 minute drive to Great Falls, MD to the national park. Do you know how the canal works? It's cool. This is a picture of a lock. It's like stairs in the water. The lock opens, floods the chamber, and the barge floats up or down the 'steps', then they close the lock and the barge continues on its journey.



This is the beautiful Potomac River. It's next to the canal.


We didn't do much walking along the canal this time because of the Bigfoot sighting. Fortunately, all we saw of him was this footprint he left.



And of course, you can't go to a place like this with all these rocks without doing a little rock climbing. She's a natural.


8 comments:

SheL said...

Cool pictures! Tyler and I will have to make the drive sometime. There are so many neat things to see out here and we have only been to DC.

We had a lot of fun with you guys the other night. We need to do it again soon =)

Marianne said...

We are going back on Sunday after Stake Conference if you want to come with us. We're going to bike along the canal this time, but there's so much to see. You can borrow my jogging stroller for Logan.

Marianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marianne said...

We are going back on Sunday after Stake Conference if you want to come with us. We're going to bike along the canal this time, but there's so much to see. You can borrow my jogging stroller for Logan.

Jennifer said...

Wait, wait wait...Bigfoot sighting!?

Monique said...

I do enjoy those pictures. Labor day, what's that American Holiday? :) I mentioned it to my Korean friend and she said, I didn't know Americans went to labor camps. :)

Harmony said...

HA! I'm still laughing over Monique's comment.

I love that do these cool trips with your family. LOVE the one of Viv climbing--awesome!

Darcy said...

Hey long lost friend! What a fun trip you had!
I need you to go to Ikea for me! I need to call you sometime. :( Miss you lady.