Saturday, February 21, 2009

Arachnaphobia

Last night, after the two younger kids went to bed, we let the older ones stay up and watch 'Arachnaphobia'.

They wanted a scary movie, and didn't want to watch that one because they thought it would be lame. This is the trouble watching movies older kids. Everything is lame. I'm not saying Arachnaphobia isn't lame, I'm just saying that they didn't think so. They loved it!

It's funny that I remember screaming like the silly 15 year old girl I was, the first time I watched that movie. Even though I knew when all of the jump-out-at-you parts were, I still screamed like a silly 15 year old girl. It was great!

What movie is like that for you?

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I can't even watch the commercials for scary movies. I'm currently having to run out of the room every 5 minutes when a Friday the 13th commercial comes on. Especially knowing that I'm going to be spending Friday March 13th in a secluded cabin. On a lake. With 4 other women. I don't need those Jason images in my head.

Arachnophobia scared the bejeebers out of me. I already was afraid of spiders and that just intensified it.

The Galan Family said...

What Lies Beneath creeps me out. Also, The Watcher in the Woods. It's an old Disney movie and I still can't believe my parents let us watch it over and over. It was scary every single time. You'll have to rent it.

Monique said...

No scary movies! Either me or my kids will have nightmares for weeks. The dragon on Sleeping beauty... out. The scary light fish on Nemo. nem. (No in Hungarian)

Ariella said...

Omigosh!!! I still have to look behind my shoulder when I shower sometimes to be sure there's not some grotesquely HUGE spider crawling down my back. shudders

I used to LOVE scary movies. can't handle them any more. It looks like they've gotten scarier with time. Can't handle it.

Emily said...

I let Anissa watch the grudge a few weeks ago and it creeped her out. That movie creeped me, cj AND my dad out when we saw it.
Anissa has yet to ask me to see the whole thing like i told her she could!