Sunday, February 1, 2009

26 days and counting

The great thing about having a husband that travels is that sometimes I get to go with him. I know that most of you girls that read my blog have husbands who travel and you don't get to go along for whatever reason, but if you get the chance to dump your kids and do it, you should. I am dumping mine with one of the best friends I've ever had, Suzan.

Last year, I got to go to Hawaii with Mel. He went for work, and I got to spend the week shopping, sunbathing, and eating at some really good restaurants.

This year, he's going to a conference in Orlando. We are leaving a few days early, like before, so we can hang out and do fun stuff before 'work' during the week.

I've never been to Orlando without kids, so I'm not sure what I should do. We are staying at Shades of Green to check out the place for a future family vacation. (It's research, not fun. Really!)

So, come on, tell me what I can do to keep myself entertained while Mel's at 'work'.

9 comments:

Brandi said...

Drive the 7 hours north to visit your Georgia friends?

Or maybe I should dump my kids and drive south.

Seriously, though, you should go and do the theme park things you really love but kids complain about. If I had the opportunity, I would go and spend three days just at Epcot Center. Kids would never go for that.

I also think you should eat some gator, just to say you did.

Marianne said...

Brandi,
If you dump your kids for the day, I'll meet you in Savannah. I'll meet any of you Georgia peeps in Savannah.

Marianne said...

Oh, and I did eat crocodile when I was at DLI.

Monique said...

Disney. duh. :) Have fun!

Jared and Lydia said...

I dunno, but let me know what you think of Shades of Green - we're thinking of staying there for our family vacation later this year.

Marianne said...

Dear Captain Obvious,

Of course we are going to Disney. I can't stay at Disneyworld an not go to the parks. I was just wondering if there was anything in particular you'd recommend since I was childless.

SheL said...

Hello... Come see ME!

I have had a good time catching up on your blog. I miss your freaking guts.

Marianne said...

Shelly,
I will meet you in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I'd love to fly to KW for the day, though. I can see you on Monday, and Brandi on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll work it out.

SheL said...

Sweet! I can't wait =) We'll talk...