Sunday, February 22, 2009

You people disappoint me

I really wanted to do the 'restaurant of the week'. I love eating out.

Now, I have to create recipes. Thankfully, I have some already written down. I actually created one tonight and that's what we had for dinner.

I'm just going to warn you guys: I don't cook 'healthy'. I use butter and cream, and other rich foods when I cook. The food tastes better, and it fills you up. However, I believe in moderation. What that means to me is this: Eat anything you want, just don't eat too much of it. So, if I make a recipe for chicken pot pie that uses heavy cream, you can probably substitute skim milk if you want to. OR you can cook it the way I make it in the recipe. Just don't make it three times in one week and eat it all by yourself.

I also try not to use foods from a can. Some things are much easier to use if it comes from a can, such as tomatoes. Other things, like cream of (chicken, mushroom) soup, you will not find here. I can make my own creamy base, and if you don't, I'll walk you through it. Don't worry.

Mel did bring up a good point. I do have a disclaimer on my title that says that 'everything's my way'. So, don't be surprised if you see a restaurant or someone else's recipe on this blog. I'm not perfect.

6 comments:

Harmony said...

Oooooh, I'm super excited for the recipes (of course, I voted for the desserts, but I'd be happy with anything!) Yum, yum, yum!

You should put your Mac and Cheese one to start us off (because that's TOTALLY low fat!)

Monique said...

Hooray! Bring on the recipes and I like that you omit the cream of whatevers bc, um, I can't get them here. :) hip hip, HOORAY!

Marianne said...

Harmony, the mac n cheese isn't an original recipe. I got it off the back of a box of macaroni like ten years ago. But it IS good!

Kylene said...

I so want to learn to make my own cream of whatevers... Matt teases me that EVERYTHING I make has to have at least one can of cream of something.

Brandi said...

I'll change my vote to restaurant of the week if you promise to only visit chains that are also here in the Augusta area. And if you promise to only eat off the low cal menu because that is forever my fate.

At least with your original recipes I can tweak them so that I can eat them. Maybe.

You would like my friend Vivian--she refuses to use cream of whatever soups. Her blog is Letters From Glome in my blog roll.

Ariella said...

oooh. Maybe I'll try cooking for a change. This sounds like fun!

I had some friends from france that told us that they eat foods that are ridiculously fattening but they only eat really tiny portions. They were all stick thin. That is seriously America's problem. Portion control!!!

But who am I to talk. You put it in front of me and I eat...and then I eat some more, until it's just not in front of me any more.

Yes...I work out because I have to.