Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A love letter...

Dear Mimi's Cafe,

I know we just met a couple of weeks ago, but I just had to write you a letter to tell you how much you mean to me. I can't decide whether it's the yummy muffins you gave me with my salad the last time I saw you, or if it's the delicious carrot-raisin bread you gave me in the bread basket tonight. Maybe it's neither. Maybe it was the deliciously chicken-y chicken pot pie you introduced me to tonight that was filled with tender chicken breast chunks and veggies and topped with a crispy, flaky, golden crust that won me over.
What I do know, is that I enjoyed my experiences with you so much. I couldn't resist the urge to ask for the manager just so I could tell him how much I like your food and your polite, friendly servers. They were so attentive. I never had to ask for a refill on my drink, or ask to get the extra plates cleared. Your servers were so accommodating. I had a wierd order tonight, and you got it totally right. What? Send out the dessert orders with the entree? (my kids had already eaten, so we treated them to dessert while we ate dinner) But you did it! I was so proud of you.


I can't wait until I get the opportunity to see you again. I know my next experience will be a good one. See you soon!


Love,

Marianne

5 comments:

Harmony said...

Ah. letters to inanimate objects (or places!) I LOVE IT!

When you start doing personal training, I can just hear the letters then..."Dear Guy Who Won't Do Pushups" or something like that.

Did I tell you we went to Pei Wei after you suggested it--awesome! I almost threw up I was so full.

Marianne said...

Guess where I got that great idea? HMMMMMMM.....YOU!! I am glad you liked Pei Wei. That is about the only chinese food that I can eat without almost dying (or feeling like I want to die)

SheL said...

Oh how I miss Mimi's... do we have one close?

Marianne said...

Shelly,

It's in Columbia, just off Rt. 175. It's in the new shopping complex with Costco and Lowes. Hmmmmmm.... I am thinking lunch when the in-laws leave. Anyone else out there who would like to join us?

SheL said...

Its a plan =)