Tuesday, May 20, 2008

She can do ANYTHING!!!

Today, while running errands with my mother, I mentioned that my new bracelet is too big. So, she took a look at it and decided to make it shorter for me. She just took it apart, took two discs out, and put it back together. I thought about doing that, but I didn't want to mess up my $44 bracelet. I guess my small investment didn't mean that much to her because she did it without a second thought. Oh yeah, she didn't mess it up either. I don't think she said it, but the idea and attitude behind it was 'Hmmph, easy peasy.'

Then, while we were looking at aprons, I mentioned that I had to throw my favorite apron away a little while ago because it was so old and funky and threadbare that I couldn't even wash the funk out. (I had the apron for over 10 years) So, she decided that rather than buy another apron that I didn't really love, she would make one for me instead. But she didn't just make one for me. She made one for Mimi and one for Vivian too. Oh, and it's REVERSIBLE!!!!!!! She only finished Vivian's tonight, but as soon as all three are done, you'd better believe there will be some pictures of us all in our cute little aprons.

My mom is so cool. She is crafty. And whenever she comes to visit, I can't wait to see what cool projects she comes up with for us (her) to do. Sad that she leaves tomorrow. Can't wait to see her again!!

3 comments:

SheL said...

I am glad you're having such a great time! Now I know why you are so talented =)
I can't wait to see the cute pics of your new aprons!

Harmony said...

(knock, knock)

It's the Blog Nazis. Don't make us do something we'll regret.

How was your visit with your mom? Mine is coming in August and I can't wait!

Monique said...

Moms are so great! I think the craftiness gene skips a generation, so my girls might get the project gene to throw things together like that too.