Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sorry, no horse poop

So, I have to admit, I am a little disappointed in the amount (or lack thereof) of pictures of us at the campsite. But here's a few:

We roasted chocolate marshmallows on our first night. It's a tradition in our family to let our kids build the fire for marshmallows. Crazy, right? But it keeps them busy while we sneak extra marshmallows and chocolate before they get to it.

Who's great idea was it to get the little boxes of cereal that you can eat out of? Those things are a pain in the butt to open. I swear, the cereal used to be in a wax paper bag, not plastic. Let me tell you, it wasn't a pretty sight. I was trying to cut through cardboard and plastic with a measley plastic knife. It was a good thing there were kids involved, or else I would have scrapped the cereal and gone to find a McDonald's. The smile on Mimi's face while she ate her cereal was worth the frustration.

Saturday brought lots of fun at the beach. We didn't see any horses on our way in, but we saw lots of poop! I didn't take any pictures of that, don't worry!







So, this is the crab that Trystan caught. I was sitting all by myself doing crossword puzzles (what a geek), when I noticed my family huddled together excitedly. So, I did what any mother would do, I grabbed my camera and went to check it out. This was what I found. The funny thing about this picture, is that when I first started taking pictures, Trystan was holding the crab in his very sandy hands, and it was hard to tell what you were supposed to be looking at. So, I told him to wash his hands off. While he was doing that, the crab escaped and it kept pinching him every time he tried to pick it up again. I will re-create it for you: run run run grab OUCH! drop run run grab OUCH! drop run run run run jump lunge grab OUCH! drop. You get the picture. It was so funny!


Since this was the last thing we saw on our way out of the park, I thought I'd save it for last. Isn't it beautiful? These horses really are the 'mane' attraction. (sorry, I couldn't resist)

8 comments:

The Galan Family said...

What a fun little getaway. Love all the pics especially the one of patricia. Her hair looks awesome! She has quite the "mane" herself. Camping is so fun, but so much work. We are going next weekend. Glad you had a great time.

Monique said...

You are such the camper! And no cussing or super stressed out pictures. I would love to have been there while you were opening the cereal, though. :)

Marianne said...

Oh, there was cussing and stress don't worry.

SheL said...

You guys look like you had so much fun! I was disappointed that there weren't any horse poop pictures =) Tell patricia I love her hair and she looks like a freaking model in that picture!

Harmony said...

I'd be disappointed if there wasn't an cussing! ;-)

I'm with Shel--Patricia is a supermodel. I'd kill for her hair. Work it girl!

Marianne said...

NO, DON'T WORK IT GIRL!!!

She's not even 13 yet. She shouldn't look like that. Can you imagine what Mel is going through? She is goregeous. That picture is great!!

I'm so conflicted.

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures- Patricia looks amazing! Sound like a fun time with the exception of the cereal boxes:)

Emily said...

She does look stunning! She so doesn't look like 12, about to turn 13.
We went to Asateague right before we packed up (actually, almost exactly a year ago since it was on my anniversary). It is a great island to have fun on. We saw lots of poop, too.
Cj almost had tears in his eyes when you were talking about the cereal boxes. Ummm...i get really po'ed when i have to uh, open them in my HOUSE!! I had forgotten the wax paper thing till you said that.