Thursday, October 23, 2008

how do you answer the question...

How are you doing?


You see, I am just getting started on facebook, and I am getting the opportunity to reconnect with people I haven't seen or heard from in many many years. The question I ask and everyone asks of me is, "How are you doing?"

Then the answer is usually, "Fine!" or "Great!" These answers don't really do much for me.

So, how should I answer this question? Fine? Because right now I'm doing fine. Or do you want to know what I've been doing for the past 15 years?


And when I ask this question, I want to know information. Do you have a family? What do you do? Are you healthy? I guess I should just ask those questions. But then it sounds like an interrogation.
So, how are YOU doing?

5 comments:

Brandi said...

1. You should answer the way you'd like to be answered. If you're wanting info, they probably are too.

2. You could ask, "What's been happening with you for the past X years?" Or something along those lines. It gives them the opportunity to tell you as much or as little as they feel comfortable with.

Just my 2 cents, and I'm half Canadian, so it's worth even less. :)

Jill said...

i'm doing great, thanks for asking :) the girl scout cookies really help with that. hurray for mimi and all the partially hydrogenated and high fructose corn syrup packed morsels she distributed this month!

Monique said...

She sells girls scout cookies!!!!! That's it. I am sending you a check (with shipping ) for the samoas and the kettle corn.. Just PLEASE tell me how much they are so I can send it to you. I think USPS has a $9 flat fee box that you can just fill it with as much stuff as you can. I know you offered before, so now I think I might be desperate enough to take you up on it. :) Gracias chica!

Harmony said...

Dangit, now I want Girl Scout cookies.

I'm furiously making a bee tutu. My butt is asleep and I'm tired of cutting tulle.

How are YOU doing?

Marianne said...

I am great.

I am getting ready to go to Mimi's girl scout lock-in at the Laurel fire station.

Can you say headache? Thankfully I will have Suzan there. We will both go crazy and deaf together.