Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The accidental field trip

I was a good mom on Tuesday, and spent the day chaperoning a field trip to DC for Trystan's class. Can you guess where?



Can you guess what this is a picture of? I'll give you a hint: See all those knives? I bet one of them was used to debone a chicken on air. We saw lots of things, but this was my favorite. The boys indulged me and let me take a few pictures, but I couldn't really get a good look at much.

See that? Yeah, that's what happened on the way home. Our bus driver rear-ended this truck. The bus was moving 5 miles per hour, and did't even get a scratch. Needless to say, it caused quite a stir. Here's the friendly policeman who boarded a bus full of antsy fifth graders to make sure everyone was ok. I think I made him blush when I asked if I could take his picture for my blog. How many Police Officers, Firemen, and EMT's does it take? Really?As you can see, they were all terribly busy and didn't have a moment's rest. Whew, I am glad they were there.Potty break, fresh air, and simon says!Are we home yet? They were so happy to be on their way.
Want to hear something funny? Not funny ha ha. The school set up a new automatic notification system. The notification didn't go out to all the parents until 4:30 that their children wouldn't be at school for dismissal because of a minor traffic accident. Seriously? Duh! School let out at 3:45.

10 comments:

Brandi said...

Don't you wish you could actually get up close and personal in that kitchen? Touch things...

I know exactly where you went. I have pressed my nose up against that plexiglass on many occasions. My kids were so disappointed that it was closed the last few months we lived up there.

Harmony said...

I don't get it--what is the heck is that place??!?!

Marianne said...

Brandi,
Totally. I almost cry every time I see old footage of her. Is that wierd? She was amazing.

Harmony,
Seriously? It's DC. It's a stone building with steps in front. There's a big flag that takes up a whole wall. It's a MUSEUM. I hope you know which one. Now, time to guess who's kitchen. Who is important enough to have her whole kitchen immortalized in a museum? Come on, one guess and I'll tell you.

Harmony said...

Okay, it has to be Julia Child right?!? RIGHT?!?!

Marianne said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! It is. Did you google it?

Harmony said...

I totally Googled it! But now that I know people are so into it, I'm going to watch something of hers.

She looks really cute--I could just pick her up and put her in my pocket!

Marianne said...

I like when she gulps wine out of the bottle. She's a firecracker!

Jared and Lydia said...

To get the FULL Julia Child experience you also have to watch the Dan Aykroyd impersonation of her from Saturday Night Live. Watch an old episode of Julia, then watch that. Hilarious.

Monique said...

Love SNL and that is such a fun experience for them. Seriously. They will remember the Field Trip bc of the accident. You watch. :)

Marianne said...

Lydia,

I was trying to remember who did that impersonation. Funny!!!! I am laughing just thinking about it.