Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cooking with Brenda: Asian-ish Chicken Noodle Soup

Today's post is brought to you by guest blogger Brenda


I think Marianne is busy moving. Or maybe she died. I dunno. In any case, she totally missed posting a recipe this week. So, being the friend that I am, I'm stepping up to post one for her. And today I'm going to feature an ingredient that you will likely never see on this blog again: RAMEN. It's seems like the anti-Marianne ingredient. Right up there with Canned Cream of Fat and Sodium Soup.


So here's what you'll need (for 2-ish servings):

-One package of chili flavored Top Ramen (other flavors are acceptable, especially chicken, but the chili gives it a nice heat).

-1/2 cup cooked and chopped chicken (I like to use some from a rotisserie chicken. I'm all about the laziness).

-1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (white and green parts)

-1 TBS minced cilantro (or Knorr makes a tiny cilantro bullion cube, sold in the Mexican food section, that works great)

-1/2 TSP minced ginger

-1/2 TSP minced garlic

-2 TSP sesame oil

Cook the ramen according to the directions on the package (Do not drain!!). Add in all the other ingredients. Enjoy!

(Oh, and Pampered Chef plug: I use THIS to make ramen in. Four minutes in the microwave and viola! Done to perfection.)

4 comments:

Ariella said...

Ok...I can totally do this.
Cilantro in a CUBE! Are you serious? That's freakin' genious. The question is, in what isle of the Commissary can I find it?

I think I have all these ingredients. Thank you guest blogger Brenda. Lunch tomorrow, here we come!

Brenda said...

Ariella--

Look in with the Mexican food things. Here's a picture of what they look like: http://www.shopfoodex.com/popup_image.php?pID=38149

You can also get garlic, onion, chipotle, etc...ones.

And I always buy mine at the commissary, so I know they have them.

Marianne said...

I love you, Brenda!

I didn't die. I am busy moving. I finally got internet yesterday, cleared housing today, and now I am trying to juggle a job and unpacking a house. WOOOOO HOOOOO!

I've been to the gym almost every day for the past week, and I haven't exercised in about two weeks. What kind of sense does that make?

Marianne said...

Oh yeah, I'd make this. I don't personally like ramen noodles, but I'm not opposed to them. My kids love them. I like how you dressed them up.