Monday, April 14, 2008

SSSSSSSSSSSSS-lacker

That's what I am. Sorry people. I have been too wrapped up in reading and studying. I have read, like 50 books. Some of them are:

The Kindness of Strangers, by Katrina Kittle - good book, but be warned: the story involves incest and child molestation.

Body Surfing, by Anita Shreve - OOh what a twist! Kinda romancy, but not like Danielle Steel. I like her books. I've read a couple of them already and will continue to read more.

  • All He Ever Wanted - makes you wonder if what you want is what's really best for you.
Blackird House, by Alice Hoffman - easy read about a house and all of the people who have lived and loved there over a span of time. I liked the supernatural elements of the stories. It made the lives of the people much more interesting.

The Ice Queen, also by Alice Hoffman - about a woman who lived a cold and lonely life and how she learned to feel and to love again. I don't usually get into literary analysis, you know, what is the deeper meaning of what the author wrote. But this book is full of symbolism, and I really enjoyed trying to understand it.

Now I am reading a nonfiction work. It's called something to the effect of Personal Fitness Training and Theory. Or something like that. I am studying to become a personal trainer. I am so excited. I guess I'd better go read more about the circulatory system now while I still have the energy. See Ya!!

6 comments:

Harmony said...

Hurrah! A new post. I was getting tired of how awesome the commissary is.

Check you out with all your reading--that's how you got that big ole head on your page.

I love your reviews of the books--keep it up (for us small-headed people)

Kingery Family said...

ooooooh, I love book reviews! I've completely lost my zeal for reading the last few months. Maybe if you keep posting book reviews I'll find the motivation...

Emily said...

I was reading a book, and got so turned off by it i threw it away. Read 'Running With Scissors'? Bleh. I have been reading books by Sarah Dessen. They are young adult ones, but great reads. Except her first few books. She got better as she wrote more books.

Lucy said...

Hallie starts Story Time again at the library on Tuesdays, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Thanks for the Reviews. You have to try "The Penny Tree". I loved it!

Harmony said...

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSoooo, we need a new post. You have readers, you know. You OWE it to us! :-)

Karen said...

You will make an awesome personal trainer! I'm going to ask you all about your studies the next time I see you...