Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's going on?

A couple of months ago when I started this blog, I thought I would have TONS to say. Hmmmmm. Not so much. I mean, I always have something to say, but it's either 1)not anything people really want to know or 2)not appropriate. Amy, you know what I mean. So, I think I am going to do like Harmony does when she gets bored and make a list. I think I'll try to do this every Wednesday. Hump day. See, there I go (refer to #2 above). Ok. Here goes:

Random list #1
  1. I've stepped waaaay out of my comfort zone and volunteered to be the 'team parent' for Trystan's baseball team. What was I thinking? I am usually the person who helps. Not the one who is in charge. I have enough things to be in charge of. If you don't know what that is, a team parent schedules snacks for the games, buys trophies for the kids, and plans the end of season party. OOOH! Did I say party? I like that. I can do parties. And snacks? Did I read that right? I know snacks. I don't know much about trophies. Frankly, they annoy me. Maybe I'll think about something different. Yeah, different. You know I'm all about mixing things up. OK. I can do this. I just talked myself into being excited about this team parent gig. I am kinda excited about it now.
  2. Speaking of parties, I am having one tomorrow. I am really looking forward to that. I am having a Premier Designs jewlery party. I've decided that since I work out so much and am almost always in workout gear, that when I do dress in regular clothes, I want to look GOOD. I don't want to have that 'mom who drives a minivan' look. I have some cute clothes this season, and I want to really step it up with some pretty jewlery. So, I decided to get some for free by having a party. Maybe this will motivate me to get dressed in regular clothes soon after I finish working out instead of walking around looking like a gym rat.
  3. Hmmmm... dresses. I love them. I didn't used to like them. Or pink. But now I like both things. I don't have a pink dress, though. (come on, I'm not 7) I am so glad that the weather is getting better because I can wear my cute dresses and skirts. There's something about wearing a dress that makes you feel pretty and feminine. Maybe it's because men don't wear dresses and they usually don't look pretty and feminine. (notice I said usually.)

Ok, three is all you get. It's a pretty short list, I know. If I can think of anything I want to add to ths list I'll post again. Who am I kidding? I'm done for today. You all can wait until next week.

9 comments:

Ariella said...

Wow, Marianne, you are busy. Don't you get tired? Let's see...your selling a house, parenting a team, teaching at a school, going to the gym, reading tons of books, and throwing parties. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Go Marianne! :)

ps I think you'll do a great job being a team parent...and pink dress, you could totally pull that off if it was the right pink. :)

Marianne said...

I remember, I do have a pink dress. It's my halter dress I wore in Hawaii. I try not to think of that one too much. Too much of a temptation, you know?

Lucy said...

Marianne, you crack me up! I just wore a black dress, with a hot pink ribbon in my hair, and I had hot pink shoes for a dance, (you can see it on my blog), Anyway, accent with it, you sound great by the way!

Monique said...

I'm with you on trophies. Sorry I missed the Party. You sure know how to throw a party. And I think you look fabulous in any color! :)

Marianne said...

Ok Monique, so do you have any other ideas? I don't want to do a lame trophy, but I know some parents will revolt if it's not something cool. Maybe I should ask the kids what they prefer. Hmmm. Help!

Emily said...

Ok, if i post about voo-doo penises (is that a taboo word??)and people read THAT, I am sure that 1) it doesn't matter WHAT you say 2) people will read it anyway!!
What about medallions instead of trophies?

The Galan Family said...

Marianne, I feel your pain. I am the soccer mom for Abby's team. Can I say, NIGHTMARE. Everyone has their ideas of what they want and "so in so's kid is doing this" and "I don't want unhealthy snacks passed out". Kill me now. I haven't even thought about trophies or parties.

Marianne said...

Sarah, I am already thinking about how to politely say, "If you wanted to do things your way, you should have volunteered." Of course, with a giant fake smile.

Emily said...

Ahh..dealing with the idiosyncrisies of other kids' parents. And, hey, i am sure i have them, too, but that is a class they never offer in HS or college!