Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dress up and Painting





This is Vivian's favorite dress up dress. She loves wearing this ratty blue fairy tulle thing. It's not supposed to be worn alone, but she wears it with just underwear or (gasp) nothing under it. No, wait. It gets better. The other day, she cut the strings that hold it up on her shoulders. Since she doesn't have anything to hold it up, it usually stays around her belly because her belly is wider than her little chest.

Do you want to know who the little blondie is? She's my friend Mary's daughter Diana. As you can tell from the picture, they both have very different personalities. Vivian is the wild and show-offy one, and Diana is much more reserved. She is a sweet and quiet little girl. Take careful note of how the two friends are painting. One little girl is gently painting a pretty picture, while the half naked other one is using her mouth to control the paint brush. These two are funny to watch.

One more thing... If you are looking for something to have your kids do that is relatively painless and pretty easy to clean up, try watercolor painting. They love it! When they are done, all I have to do is wipe the table. If they get it on their clothes, It just washes right out. Hours of fun. HOURS, I tell you.

5 comments:

CJ said...

Well, when you let your other kid play in traffic, you have to expect one of the others to paint with her mouth and wear practically nothing!

SheL said...

I love Vivian's technique =)

Janet said...

How precious! Just how I remember your house....fun fun fun!!!

I LOVE reading your Blog! I won't lie, I have to read about three months at a time because my ADD arse can't get it together more than that, LOL! I fully enjoy them, truly! You do such a great job!

Love you, girl! =)
Janet

Emily said...

Rachel loves to dress up too- and she does the same thing, she wears a ballet skirt that you can completly see through with panties underneath. She probably changes her clothes at least five times a day!

Marianne said...

Emily,

I'm lucky if she wears panties underneath without me making her. I think Vivian's on her third outfit of the day and it's only noon.