Sunday, July 6, 2008

yummy delicious


This is what I did on Saturday:
  1. Got up at 7 am .
  2. Got dressed.
  3. Woke Mimi up (my first mistake).
  4. Got some breakfast.
  5. Left the house at 8 am.
  6. Drove to Butler's Orchard for blueberry picking. (very pleasant drive with Mimi).
  7. Arrived at Butler's Orchard at 9 am ready to pick blueberries (peak anticipation).
  8. Took tractor ride out to blueberry fields. (they constantly shuttle people back and forth every 5 minutes remember this).
  9. Started picking berries ( I came here to work. I had lots of blueberries in mind).
  10. 5 minutes into the job, guess who is ready to go home?
  11. Stayed and picked 17 pounds of blueberries all by myself.
  12. Did everything in my little imagination to keep her interested in staying there (you would be proud. I didn't yell at her. Too many other people around)
  13. Listened to Mimi bug me every 5 minutes to get on the tractor to go back to the car.
  14. Got on the tractor.
  15. Paid for the berries.
  16. Went to McDonald's for lunch.
  17. Drove home.
  18. Took a shower and took a nap (I deserved it. I just picked 17 pounds of blueberries)
  19. Made these yummy muffins.

I did more things, but nothing else that relates to the delicious picture at the beginning of this post. I deserve a big, fat I TOLD YOU SO for bringing Mimi with me. I actually thought that she would be a good worker. Shows how much I know.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Ahhhh...we should all know better with our kids, yet, we do stupid things sometimes. I don't think it matters if they are 6 or 12 (an age they should know helping makes us leave faster). I do it all the time, too.

Harmony said...

Kudos to you for not yelling at her--I would have done the "mom hiss"--the quiet but deadly "you BETTER pick blueberries!"

17 lbs though? Veeeery impressive!

Shilae said...

My favorite? That you didn't yell. I don't know Harmony, but I ditto her comment on the "mom hiss." Too funny.

Marianne said...

Tried it. Didn't work.

I came to a point where I just wanted her to shut up. I didn't care that she wasn't helping, I just didn't want to hear her whine anymore.

SheL said...

I really shouldn't read your blog when I am hungry. Now I just want blueberry muffins but I'm too lazy to make them.

Marianne said...

I'll leave some on your doorstep when I leave this morning.

I'm a keeper....

Lucy said...

I miss living so close. :( I want a yummy fresh muffin made by Marianne... oooh i just discovered the name of your bakery...

Made by Marianne. :)

Marianne said...

LUCY I LOVE IT!! I am going to use it. You know, one of my dreams is to open up a bakery. I'd totally hook you up if you didn't live a hour away.

Janet said...

OMG The picture!!! Now you KNOW I can't afford to eat muffins at midnight (in Germany) but I sure do want them!!! YUMMYYYYY!!!!