Monday, November 1, 2010

Bustin' out


I'm just telling you all this so I can change the post of my hand. I'm tired of seeing it every time I pull up my blog.

This morning, I realized that I only have one handmade scarf/hat set. It's functional, but not particularly I used to knit all the time. Then summer hit, and I stopped. I mean, how oxymoronic is it to knit scarves and hats in 100 degree weather?

The weather is getting chilly so now it's time for me to bust out the 'ol kneedles and start knitting again. I want a fluffy cowl that I can wrap around my kneck and use to keep my head warm. I also have to make Vivian's mitten and hat set for Christmas, and finish Mimi's scarf. Trystan wants a hat, and the one I made Mel itches his head so I need to find another yarn and make him a new one. Baby. I don't know what to knit for Patricia. She's the difficult one. Any suggestions?


6 comments:

Word Nerd said...

I love to crochet in the winter! It's an actual craving to touch and hold the yarn and create.

Marianne said...

That's how I felt this morning. My hands are itching to knit my first project. Gotta Go!!

Ariella said...

You could make patricia a really thin (width-wise) scarf. That way if she doesn't like it, you didn't spend that much time on it.
We're planning on taking the kids to the new Harry Potter land at Universal Studios in January. I was going to make them Harry Potter scarves. Shall we knit together?

Brandi said...

I think you should make socks. Or you know, a G string.

SheL said...

I vote for fingerless gloves for Patricia. They are SO cool. ;)

Brandi said...

I should clarify that I did NOT mean you should make a G string for Patricia. You should make it for yourself.