Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Because I don't want to pick paper out 'ma girl

All day, I've had at least three different topics swirling around my brain about what I would blog about today. First, I was going to compare and contrast Charmin toilet paper and Scott Tissue. Then I really struggled about whether or not to share my latest recipe for toaster leavin's. Then I had an awesome afternoon with my two favorite fellow yogis, and discovered a pose that was nearly orgasmic, so I thought I'd share. But then, I read Tia Becky's blog, and decided that I would expound on her thought-provoking question.

Then I decided not to.

Like, just now.

Just like that.

And as I am writing about how I'm not going to answer her blog. I just realized that I just answered it. Blogging is important because it's ALL MINE!!! I can do whatever the hell I want and you can't stop me!! Ha Ha Ha It's the first amendment, bitches!!!!!

That's some awesome shit right there! Just think about it- All damn day, we have to do what everyone else needs. It starts when we get up early to wake up the kids for school. Then we feed them breakfast, help them pack lunches, make sure they catch the bus on time, clean the house, play with little kids, run errands, be here when the big ones get back to school, make them do homework, cook dinner, clean up after dinner, get them in bed. And if we are still coherent, we have sex with our husbands (or not), and go to bed so we can do it all over again the next day.

But when I blog -or not blog- I do whatever the hell I want. I get to make all the choices. I don't have to have a certain number of vegetables in my blog. I don't have to make sure it's on time, I don't even to have good language on my blog. It's whatever, wherever, however I want.

It's my selfish, dirty, indulgence. Aren't you glad you came?


7 comments:

Ariella said...

Ok, now I really need to know...

Charmin or Scotts? (I prefer Quilted Northern myself)

Toaster leavins? Please share

Nearly orgasmic pose???? Which one? I'm dyin' here!

But I guess you can blog about whatever you want, so chances are you're not even answer those questions on your blog, thus forcing me to call you and you know how often THAT happens.

Darn it.

Marianne said...

You pissed in my bathroom today. Did you have problems when you wiped? Wasn't it absorbent and not-clingy? You're welcome. I do not take after my mother. I use Charmin.

Haven't you ever watched Married...With Children? That's what Peg fed the kids for dinner.

WHY WEREN'T YOU PAYING ATTENTION TO ME!!??!?!?! Hmph! Shows what a good guest you are.

Ariella said...

"Wasn't it absorbent and not-clingy?"
You are so right! Not clingy at all! I have used the Scotts before. It may be cheap, but man, you get what you pay for.

I did watch Married With Children. I can't recall the food, though.

"WHY WEREN'T YOU PAYING ATTENTION TO ME!!??!?!?!"
I was too busy falling on my butt to notice. But you looked amazing in every pose. Can't recall the one that got you off. hmmmm, thinking

Brandi said...

Apparently I need to take up Yoga.

I don't use Charmin on principle. Those commercials with the bears with the wads of toilet paper hanging off their butts grosses me out and I refuse to buy it. I use Angel Soft and it leaves nothing behind.

I preferred Peg Bundy's snow cones: Snow from the back yard topped with cherry flavored Robitussin.

By the way, I'm choosing to not have sex tonight. I'm tired. However I might watch an episode or two of 30 Rock.

Linds said...

Why yes, I'm TOTALLY glad I came.

Sorry, but I love Charmin. It's soft and feels good on my hiney.

I don't remember the food on Married with Children either.

And I totally need to reacquaint myself with yoga. I miss it. It's my fav work out. I am lazy. I need a good kick in the butt I think. So much motivation...

Monique said...

no one answered your question. :)

1. husbands that are home and want to be there
2. funny kids
3. friends that invite me to go do things or come visit or send me stuff
4. blogs
5. babies
6. perspective
7. medicine
8. temple
9. cute clothes that fit
10. free stuff

I didn't put much thought into these, but they are what make my life awesome today. Thanks for the reminder...

greta said...

crap, i totally forgot about yoga on tuesdays is it? see i'm lame. maybe i'll make it next week?