Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm starting to hear scratches on the blackboard

**I wrote this on Friday and for some reason I didn't post it. So here ya go**

You know how you can deal with annoying things for a little while, then you finally get to a point where they start to drive you crazy and you feel like your head is about to pop off? I'm there today. Like, SO there.

One of the greatest things of the whole summer happened on Tuesday. THREEOFMYKIDSWENTBACKTOSCHOOL!!!!! (cue Ren and Stimpy's "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy) Running errands hasn't been this easy since June. There's no one arguing. Vivian doesn't have anyone teasing her, so she's not constantly whining. Life is sounds great, right? I mean, my last post was about how awesome my life is. I've been high on life all week.

Remember how I said that no one has been here to bug Viv? Yeah, that also means that there is no one else here to talk to her. Or answer her questions. Or play with her. Or listen to her stories about blabbity-blah. My head is about to explode. Her cute little voice is starting to sound like shrieking monkeys.

She'll start preschool next Wednesday, so my ears will start to get relief. We've decided to homeschool for kindergarten this year (blah, blah, blah, state cutoff dates for starting school, blah, blah, blah, missed it by seven fucking days, blah, blah, blah). I figured, why the hell not? We are going to be here. It might make my life easier in the long run. Ha ha ha.

Shit! I knew that high wouldn't last.

7 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

They are a little crazy about the cutoff dates aren't they?

greta said...

once again, i am soooo gravely sorry viv didn't get to go to kindergarten this year :(

i totally got the shrieking monkeys. adam is driving me crazy. if i don't repeat exactly what he says EVERY. TIME. he will repeat himself over and over and over until i say what he said. talk about driving someone to... well, you know!

Ariella said...

Yay for preschool! I totally feel your pain. hehe shrieking monkeys. I like how you write exactly like you talk. I could hear you say every word. lol

Brandi said...

The number one deciding factor in living on or off post here was that on post, Amelia missed the cut off for Kindergarten by 13 days, and off post she just barely made the cut off by 14 days. So, off post for the win!

By the way, the mental picture I have of Marianne Minnick: Kindergarten Teacher is kind of making my day.

Jared and Lydia said...

Give one point to Virginia in the Virginia/Maryland battle - Jack slides in by 14 days!

We went to the zoo recently, and walked through an exhibit of howler monkeys - the sign talked about how they were named because of their loud, annoying sound - and I thought, "what annoying sound? that's no worse than my kids" - and thus I call my kids the howler monkeys.

I'll cross my fingers for you and your shrieking monkey.

Des said...

I can relate. Why does the simple act of "talking" or giving a small response seem like the biggest chore sometimes?

Linds said...

I know... I miss my girls entertaining Leilani... I'm sorry still that Viv missed it. I really think there should be exceptions... I mean shouldn't the parent have some say if they think their kid is ready for it and then do testing to just make sure if they really want to. It wouldn't be THAT hard. Ack!