Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I do it when...

I have something to say. I think you bitches need to know what's happening in my life. Sometimes. You care, right? I don't like to tell you all about stupid stuff.

That's why I don't write all the time. Because, frankly, my life isn't that great. I don't have interesting experiences. I don't take beautiful pictures. I hate typing recipes. And I most certainly can't lie and pretend that my life is all rosy and my children are perfect, and my husband is the best. Well, my husband is practically perfect, but that's beside the point.

I noticed that over the past three years, I have been writing less and less. When I wonder why, I think it's because I was depressed during at least two of those three years. For the past year, I have felt pretty good-ish. Maybe I have been enjoying life. Maybe I have been taking more time to do the things that relax me (knitting), and I haven't been able to blog. Or maybe during those morning hours that I used to blog, I have been sitting in the sunroom drinking coffee and being myself instead of wishing I could be somewhere else or be someone else entirely.

Tia Becky has this thing going about writing hard. I've been holding back because of social pressures. I know who is reading this blog, and frankly, I don't want to hear their shit about it. Dammit, tomorrow that's all going to end. I think. Maybe.

5 comments:

Linds said...

Marianne, I totally love your guts. I'll tell you what others have told me [because sometimes I feel like I'm just whining or rehashing the same things over & over] and while hopefully that's not all my blog is about [because I don't want it just to be about that]- my blog is for me. If people want to read it, fine. If they want to give feedback, fine. I try not to offend [most of the time], but then again the blog is FOR ME. So I'll tell you the same- your blog is for you, so your write whatever you need/ want to write. To heck with the rest. (And someday I'll let out my crazy with pseudonyms and maybe they won't catch on- I can hope)

Brandi said...

No maybe! Do it! I haven't quite worked up the courage to completely disregard the social pressures. Hate mail from strangers is one thing, hate mail from "friends" is another and I don't know if I'm ready for it. So do it so I can live vicariously through you.

I want to see you write hard.

greta said...

i just don't understand how people can write hate mail to either people they don't know or people they do know. i think that's just retarded. i love reading everyone's blogs because of what they have to say. whether i agree with or not is besides the point. i like knowing how other people feel and see the world. i don't know. i think you are yourself in real life, be yourself in your blog. like lindsay said, IT'S YOUR BLOG. i agree with brandi, i want to see you write hard!

oh, and i understand what you mean about writing less because you feel better. i'm finding to be the same why this summer....

enjoy your coffee and knitting today! with the rain outside, what else is there to do?

Monique said...

Do it. Like I told Brandi, if people don't want to read it, they just shouldn't. wah. They shouldn't whine about it. My blog is very scrapbook-like. That's my focus. I'm too private to reveal my junk. And I just don't want to. But I give kudos to those who want to.

LoJo said...

I agree with everyone else! Didn't you just post in the previous blog about your honesty? That people should already know these things about you?

So, there you go. Be outright honest. About everything. It's YOUR blog. If people don't like it, they don't have to read it.

My blog is my therapy because I'm not good at putting my honest thoughts out there. I worry too uch about offendig people. Not while blogging. That's MY space to get whatever I need to off my chest and, like I said, if people don;t like it, they don't have to read it.