Wednesday, August 25, 2010

things that help me know my life really IS awesome

  1. people that get me. right away. without any explanation.
  2. mel.
  3. when my teenager is sincerely appreciative.
  4. when my three youngest kids are kind to each other for no good reason.
  5. friends that go out of their way to hang out with me.
  6. not feeling like 'the maid' when i clean my house.
  7. yoga.
  8. when my friends from different circles like each other.
  9. when vivian plays by herself all afternoon.
  10. an ass that makes me smile when my eye catches it in the mirror*.
what helps you know you have an awesome life?

* gratuitous ass comment

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent the day cleaning out some files, shredding old documents, etc. Amongst the Personal Progress manual, the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet, and other disturbing paraphernalia from a former life, I found some photographs. They were taken of me and my lovely/photogenic kids about 5 years ago.

When I saw those images of myself I was shocked. I did not recognize that woman. She looked tired, pale, suppressed, and feeling decidedly unfeminine. There is no resemblance between her and the happy smiling woman in my daughter's wedding photos from a few months ago -- and even more recent pics. I actually look younger, glowing, and the happiest I've ever been. I look awake. And to think my Mormon family claims I've "lost the light" or "the glow" or whatever the hell they're calling that beaten down Mormon woman look these days ...

Anyhoo, sorry for a long ass post but today was another day of wonderful epiphanies. I love your list.

Monique said...

oh woops. it's supposed to go here:


1. husbands that are home and want to be there
2. funny kids
3. friends that invite me to go do things or come visit or send me stuff
4. blogs
5. babies
6. perspective
7. medicine
8. temple
9. cute clothes that fit
10. free stuff

I didn't put much thought into these, but they are what make my life awesome today. Thanks for the reminder...

greta said...

that's a pretty awesome list! especially the ass part :)