Monday, March 17, 2008

I love my Stroller Strides friends

You girls are so fun! I can't tell you how much I enjoy torturing- um, I mean working out with you.

For those of you who don't know what Stroller Strides is, I'll tell you. It's a great exercise program where we can exercise with our kids who are still in their strollers. You don't need a jogging stroller to participate, you can use a regular stroller (just not an umbrella stroller). We meet at the Mall in Columbia four days a week. We do lots of cardio and toning exercises. We do get sore and sweaty, but in a good way. The kids stay in their strollers the entire time, so in order to keep them entertained, we sing songs, tickle them, make faces, run around, you name it!

So, if any of you want to get some exercise, but don't want to commit to anything come and try a free week. It's so much fun. You'll love it! You'll meet some great new friends. You get to window shop early in the morning when no one is at the mall. And you'll be setting a great example for your kids.

I hope to see you there.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I could come!! It sounds like fun. Unfortunately it would be a bit a commute. I looked on the website and there isn't a class within a 150 mile radius of me. Not surprising. I live in a southern swamp. Oh well.

Unknown said...

I totally looked up the site for this after seeing on your blog that you taught the class. I requested the info but never heard back so now I've got my info! Thanks blogger! I would like to start coming and trying it out, but I've got to get Eliza past her snot-nosed cold phase that she's going through before we venture out too much. See you there soon!

Unknown said...

Oh I need the price information too! You know, what do I pay after the trial week?

Emily said...

I remember the free one you experimented on me with! I hurt for a week!! Now that i don't have a stroller baby, i have started doing the same exercises without the baby (DVD guided). Still hurts, but it's all good in the end, right?

Marianne said...

A week? Sorry.

Emily said...

yeah, yeah...i remember the comment of "if i hadn't been so out of shape to begin with...." I also remember my husband and kids poking me everywhere and giggling about it!

Emily said...

Looks like something I need to sign up for! My little video at home is hard to do with 3 little kids dancing at the same time:)

Lucy said...

I'm a Y girl. and don't make me laugh right now, there's too many comments on my blog, the sit ups are killing me! :) Too bad I'm not close! :)

Marianne said...

Hey Lucy, I need another invitation to your blog so I can post to yours and add you to my list. Come on now!!

Monique said...

So you think you could slow down a bit? You are so speedy in that mall, man. :) See you soon. Happy spring break!