Thursday, March 13, 2008

still awake...

It's almost 1:30 am. "Ahhhh, the night is young," some of you might say. But I have to get up in less than 6 hours. I want to go to sleep. My body is tired. So are my eyes. But my mind is wide awake. So, that's why I decided that I should sit here and complain about why I am not asleep. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Isn't that what they recommend? (whoever they are) No, I don't think they recommend obsessive behavior.

So, while obsessing, I cruised the blogs of my friends. I also checked out the blogs of their friends. And their friend's friend's. No, not really the friend's friend's. What do you think I am? Wierd?!!?? No, I'm just kinda delirious. That's all.

I really want to be in my bed on the laptop, but I don't want Mel to have to suffer because I can't sleep and don't want to just lay there. It's not his fault. I am also fighting the urge to eat a cupcake. I don't need that habit - stay up until almost 2 in the morning blogging and eating cupcakes. UH, no thanks. I guess I'd better get myself into the bed where there aren't any cupcakes. I hope you all have enjoyed this little rant. It felt good. Maybe I'll be able to get some sleep now. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Emily said...

So, did you finally get some sleep? I have had days like that (freezing to cold to do anything days). I will look at someone's blog, then that will lead to someone else's, etc. etc.

Marianne said...

Yes, finally. At about 2:30 am. The wierd thing about it was that I fell right to sleep and felt surprisingly great and well rested this morning when the alarm went off. Inconcievable.....

Emily said...

I always feel more rested and less groggy eyed when i get less sleep. it is weird and it makes me wonder why i try to get a full eight hours of sleep each night!!

The Galan Family said...

Well no wonder you were so exhausted Thursday night. You were up all night and then running around all day!! Not to mention preparing all the food for the shower! I hope you slept better last night. he food was great. Everyone loved your yummy drinks.

Monique said...

Oh Marianne! Sleep is sooo overrated. :) You could just have some ice cream. That always helps me sleep better. . .

Marianne said...

TRUST ME, I had already thought about that. However, I don't like eating Ice Cream by myself. It's much more satisfying if you have someone to eat it with. I didn't want to wake Mel up just for a bowl of cookies and cream because he had to get up early for work.