Thursday, March 27, 2008

should i be worried?

I just finished reading the book The Pilot's Wife, by Anita Shreve. It's about a woman whose husband is a pilot and dies suddenly in a plane crash. In the weeks following his death, she finds out that he had another life (in another country).

I also just watched the movie Catch and Release, with Jennifer Garner. In this movie, a woman's husband dies and she finds out that he had a totally separate life from what she thought they had.

This morning I brought up this point to Mel. I told him that if he has another life, more kids, another wife-whatever that he should just let me know now. I want to be able to deal with it now while he's alive. (Translation: I want to be able to kill him before he's dead.) I did point out to him that this is at least the 5th time in the past 8 months he's flying to Arizona. Maybe his other family is in Arizona. OR maybe he just has lots of work to do in Arizona and I just read too many books and watch too many movies and have too much idle time to think about dumb things.

Naturally, he looked at me like I was crazy. This happens often at my house.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've read that book and seen that movie. If you need more you can watch "The Pilot's Wife" movie on Lifetime every now and then. This might lend to even more other life paranoia though.

Marianne said...

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll pass on the movie.

Linds said...

The mind plays evil tricks on us! Sometimes I end up thinking worst-case-scenario and I drive myself crazy.

Harmony said...

I read this book and everytime Blake wouldn't do his house chores I'd think "Dang other wife must be getting the floor sweeping"

(I was kidding. Sort of) :-)

Slavka said...

LOL :) I love your blog!