Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm evolving

I have moved on to another chapter in my love for baked goods. Well, at least temporarily. I am making cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes! I am testing out different recipes to make for a very good friend's son's wedding reception thingy. This evening I am bringing them over to her house so they can taste them and decide which ones they want. I kinda feel official. I have always had this dream of catering and doing this kind of thing, and here I am!!

Last night, I made tons of cupcakes. This morning I made tons of different buttercream icings. First, I made peanut butter buttercream. That one is for filling a dark chocolate cupcake. I also made this fabulous marshmallow buttercream filling. And for toppings, I have a dark chocolate buttercream and a white chocolate buttercream. I was going to do just a plain buttercream, but I decided against it. I am kinda getting tired of whipping butter, sugar, and other stuff. I am officially buttercreamed out!

I am, however, NOT cupcaked out. I still have my appetite for cupcakes. Well, guess I'd better get back to decorating and filling. I only have a couple of hours and I still have to make dinner for my family. HMMMMMMM... maybe I'll serve chocolate cupcakes ;)

5 comments:

Emily said...

I DID have cookies for breakfast today, by the way!

emily

Marianne said...

I had cupcakes for breakfast, lunch and early dinner. Don't laugh. I have to make sure they are good enough to serve at someone's wedding. I have a reputation to uphold.

Needless to say, I am NOT cooking dinner. I don't even want to look at my kitchen. Mel and the kids are getting pizza. I think I am going to pass on pizza for tonight.

Monique said...

You can hire me to be your official taste tester! The best part: You won't even have to pay me. oops. I almost forgot to call you back. Listen to the phone ringing in a few minutes. :)

SheL said...

I am with Monique... I would also work as your taste tester, free of charge. I have never loved sweets so much in my life. (Isn't pregnancy great?) So yeah... its a win-win situation =)

Marianne said...

The only thing about that is that my mouth is what tells me what's wrong with the recipe. I have to taste enough samples in order to really be able to decide if it's good enough to claim I made it.

However, I do have lots of leftover frostings. I think I am going to make mini cupcakes for the baby shower tomorrow. You'll get some. Don't worry.