Monday, March 31, 2008

AHHHHHHHH I CAN'T SEE!!!!!!

Ok, so it was just temporary. I went to the eye doctor for the first time in forever. I can't remember when the last time I saw an eye doctor. One thing I do know is that when I did go, I never got my eyes dilated. OH. MY. GOSH. That was the wierdest thing. I can definitely say that I have a new appreciation for my 20/20 vision. I went to the PX afterward to get some things, and I had to ask the cashier lady to read something to me. I bought some shampoo for my kids and I just took it out to put it away, 6 hours later, and I thought to myself, "Oh, that's what kind I got." I couldn't read anything. I feel like a new person now that my eyes are back to normal. And I can read.

Needless to say, I didn't get much reading done this afternoon during Vivian's naptime. I guess I'll have to stay up all night reading. For those of you who are interested, I am reading The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters, by Elisabeth Robinson. I am only about 35 pages into it so far, and I am not totally impressed. I am hoping it'll get better.

I am going to tuck my kids into bed. Well, only half of them. The other half get to stay up for a little while longer. I guess now that I have my sight back, I have to fold and put away the laundry that's residing on my bed. Fun. Fun. Fun.

1 comment:

Monique said...

Hey, I am legally blind in some states, so no complaining allowed! :) I don't even qualify for the Lasik surgery. They can only change my prescription so much. I'm totally used to it, so no tears from me, but one of my dreams it to wake up and actually get to see the clock without eye wear. :) Glad to hear that you can see again.