Tuesday, September 14, 2010

the food

First up- the Puka dog. It's a polish sausage stuffed into a delicious bun that's filled with fruity relish and fruity mustard and this garlicky yummy sauce.



See that brown crispy stuff next to the dog? That's because they impale the bun with this hot dildo looking thing to toast the inside of the bun. This keeps all of the sauces from leaking through the bun.



On Saturday, we traveled to the North Shore for some turtle watching and snorkeling. (I'll tell you about that another time. This post is all about the food.)

After much research, we decided to eat at a shrimp truck for lunch. They are so plentiful up there, each one claiming to be the best and the freshest. My friends on urbanspoon helped us decide on Romy's.





We both got their famous garlic shrimp. Good thing, because there was so much garlic! Neither one of us would have been able to be around the other.



Sunday and Monday we got breakfast and lunch here.



There were two rows of yummy baked breads, treats, breakfast sandwiches, quiches, everything!!! Quick and easy!



Monday night, we ate the Addingtons. No- wait! We ate with them. Naika and Mike treated us to dinner at a yummy Filipino restaurant named Max's. They are famous for their fried chicken. That was good. So was everything else that we had.



The aftermath.



Dessert. It looked better than it tasted in my opinion. Mel liked it though. My favorite part was the leche flan.

That's it! I haven't eaten anything so far today. I know there's spam in my future. I'm hanging out with Naika today.

4 comments:

Harmony said...

I am so jealous I could explode. I swear I've lost weight here because I don't have awesome Hawaiian food anymore. My kids want to know why our Targets don't have spam musubi.

Eat some for me!!

SheL said...

Not fair. I am over here enjoying my "heart healthy" diet and your blog is literally making my mouth water all over the place.

the ohana said...

sorry about the crappy musubi that I got you!.. I'll make you a good one next time. It was fun seeing you!

greta said...

that food looks AMAZING! hope you got a chance to eat some spam while you were there! :)