Sunday, September 5, 2010

He's too dang sensible

I shouldn't be annoyed by this fact about my husband. But I am. I just want him to see things the way I see them, and feel the way I feel about them. He's too level-headed. Too objective. Too fair. He thinks things through. He weighs his options. He makes well-thought-out decisions.

I'm not trying to make any decisions. I'm still processing, learning, and figuring out. He makes me think critically. That makes my brain hurt. It's much easier to be emotional and impulsive. Not better. Easier.

It's a good thing for me that he is how he is. I'm thankful for that. He's probably reading this and smiling and shaking his head.

I love him.



5 comments:

Brandi said...

I often say to my husband that it would make me feel better if he would just freak out with me once in a while. No such luck.

Linds said...

My hubby is pretty dang level headed and logical too. It's a good thing he is because I tend to make my choices sometimes too much on "what I feel". It hurts to think.

Anonymous said...

Thinking critically is good. And empowering. It's lovely to learn you can trust your own mind.

Marianne said...

I'm still trying to learn to do that. I'm still fighting the tendency to dismiss it as pride or something else. I'm learning to let go of the guilt and accept things as they are and be confident in those decisions.

The more I learn, the more I realize that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

LoJo said...

This, is why your husband was the best supervisor I have ever had. Yes, I say EVER.