Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy 15th Anniversary!!

Our story is crazy. Fifteen years ago, I was huge and pregnant and about to pop. I hate that saying- about to pop. It's gross. It's vulgar. Nothing pops. EW. Anyways, back to our story. 

We didn't want to get married just because I was pregnant. Then he came down on orders. We were both in the Army, so the only way we could both be stationed together was if we were married. So that's why we did it. So our family could be together. Ironic? 

So, for our tenth anniversary, I got a baby. Vivian the Great was born. What else is there to say? For you mofos that know her, you know that she truly is great. Her personality is gigantic. She is the most outgoing person I know. She is best friends to every single person she meets. She loves animals, singing, the color pink, candy, her bicycle, her silly bands, her friends. She loves life and is a crazy monkey. My nickname for her is stinkleberry. She giggles every time I call her by that silly name. 

As luck would so have it, Mel had to take a trip to Hawaii for work. He was able to work things out juuuuust right so we could go for our anniversary. I'm happy about this. Don't get me wrong. It's great. But you know what's funny? It's kind of a cheap present. Lemme break it down.
  1. Frequent flyer miles = $200 for my ticket. 
  2. Army is paying for the hotel.
  3. Army is paying for food.
  4. Army is paying for rental car.
But, I'm happy. I'm looking forward to it. I'll get 8 days without my kids. I'll be able to sunbathe, knit, read, plan, knit, sunbathe, chill, eat, drink, surf, snorkel, have quiet time.Yeah, it's ok, I guess. Don't be mad Brandi. Don't be jealous. Stop calling me a bitch. It's not MY FAULT, ok?! I can't help it. My husband is better. He's only spending $200 on me. It's not that big of a deal. 

4 comments:

Linds said...

That's just freaking awesome that you get to do to that for your anniversary and for so inexpensive. I have to admit yep I'm jealous...

LoJo said...

It's nice to get to go to HI on someone else's dime (for the most part) You'll have a great time! Hope you have TONS of fun!

If you don't have a hotel yet, or even if you do ... and want to stay somewhere nice ... try Turtle Bay on the North Shore. Normally quite expensive, but if you call and ask, they will give you the gov't rate. At least they did for me.

Brandi said...

I'll refrain from calling you a bitch, but only because it's your anniversary.

Really, though, have fun!

Also, I'm giddy that I have my own label on your blog.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on 15 years! That is awesome. I hope you have a wonderful time =)