Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm home!!!

After what seemed like an eternity on the plane form LAX to BWI - over-fuckin' night with two babies taking turns screaming for 5 hours - I"m here. Safe and sound. Did I mention that I was sitting next to a big-ass man? He wasn't fat, he was just a big guy. He was all muscle, and did I mention that he was huge? I was so uncomfortable sitting next to him. I don't like touching or smelling strange people. At least he smelled good. He smelled like clean laundry. So I guess it could have been worse. He could have been huge and smelly. Smelly like the woman who sat next to me on my way from Hawaii to LA. Praise the Lord that we had a seat separating us. And I am equally grateful that I didn't start to smell her until I had a little less than an hour left in the flight. Because everytime she moved, I smelled her, um, odor. It was frikkin' naaaaasty. She smelled like a combination of old lady crotch and armpit funk. EW.

Next week will bring photos of the trip. I have a crazy-ass weekend planned. It's one of those things where I'm sitting here right now asking myself, "What the hell was I thinking?" Here's a hint: someone I know is turning 15 on Sunday. 

6 comments:

LoJo said...

15, really? I guess that's about right! OMG! She has grown into quite a young lady! Thank you for trusting me with her way back when! It was an awesome experience that I really enjoyed!

Anonymous said...

Man, bad people smells are the worst. Mike and I were in the liquor store stocking up on our supplies last weekend and one or the other of the couple in front of us farted. Silent but extremely deadly. Not cool. Glad I wasn't stuck on an airplane with that person.

Brandi said...

So, pretty much I only read your blog for the tags. :)

And is it bad that it makes me a little bit happy that you finished your trip to paradise by being forced to smell old lady crotch and armpit funk? Because I won't lie. It did.

Also? She can't be 15. She just barely turned 12, and was a sweet, docile child who would come and do homework while she babysat.

Hope the party was fun. I don't do birthday parties--too much work. I don't love my kids enough to put forth the effort.

Marianne said...

I know Brandi, that's why I make them extra colorful.

Please don't trick yourself into believing that Patricia was EVER docile. Sweet, yes. Never docile.

greta said...

i agree with brandi. those tags are AWESOME. oh, and i'm glad you're home. now let's get some yoga on! :)

Ariella said...

I'm SOOOOO glad you're back!!! I'm excited to see Hawaii pics and hear all about this crazy party.

We need to hang. I'm having Marianne withdrawals!