Thursday, February 14, 2008

the cookie monster strikes again

I am such a nice mommy. Last night while I was vacation clothes shopping, I got a call from Patricia. She was in crisis mode. She hadn't made any Valentine's for her teachers. She needed cards and candy for her three teachers. My first instinct was to say too bad you should have mentioned this during the day, not at 9:30 at night. But I held my tongue. I smelled an opportunity brewing. I had extra cards for her to use and offered to do what any normal chocolate chip cookie fiend would do. I, ever so unselfishly, decided that the best thing do would be to send her to school with yummy baked goods. So, guess what I did? I whipped up ANOTHER batch of my delicious chocolate chip cookies.

I wanted to rush home to bake cookies, but I needed two very important ingredients; butter and of course the chocolate chips. Wal-mart had the butter, but they were devoid of chocolate chips. Can you believe that? So, I improvised. I used two giant Hershey's bars. I had a Symphony bar and a dark chocolate bar. I am good at improvising when it comes to missing ingredients. It usually turns out well.

So, I made the cookies when I got home. I stayed up until 12:30 baking. I only ate about five cookies last night. I won't be eating more because I bagged up all of them in cute little Valentine's Day bags to give away. If you are lucky, you or your kids will get some. I mean, you might not because there are only so many to give away. So, don't get all offended if you don't get cookies, ok? I still love you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Brie Stockwell said...

Mmmmmm..I want some. Can you ship them to VA? Maybe I will have Taylor, our resident cookie-a-holic, make some.

Harmony said...

Last time I improvised a recipe it caught fire (not kidding) You are Super Mom.