Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I got LUCKY!!!

Ok. I know that I am in Hawaii and that's great and all, but I really got Lucky today. I didn't really go anywhere except for to the beach and shopping. Mel had to work today, so while he was at work, I decided to go shopping. I was just wandering in and out of stores, when I got pulled into the Lucky Brand jeans store. I was curious about these jeans they call Lucky. So, I figured what the heck? It wouldn't hurt anyone if I tried on a pair. So I did. And I fell in love. I mean head over heels in love. I have never had such an emotional reaction to an article of clothing before in my life. Until today. I can't explain it. I swear, these jeans were meant just for me. It was like a reunion.




  • Jeans: Hello butt.


  • Butt: Hello Jeans.

  • Jeans: Where have you been? I've been waiting for you?

  • Butt: I've been wandering around looking for you. I am so glad we finally found each other. (Jeans and Butt walk off into the sunset)
I know, they aren't cheap. But they are an investment (that's what the salesgirl told me). And since I am such a frugal shopper anyway, I consider it like a reward for all of the money I save by buying clothes on SUPER clearance all the time.

So there you go. That was my highlight for today. Oh! And we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner. Yummy PRIME beef. I enjoyed it. Mel loved it more. We love good food. I love my new jeans. I am going to wear them like everyday for the next two weeks. They deserve to be happy.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Ok, now you have to show us how the jeans look on you!! You know, that's how i always felt about old navy jeans, and still do. I haven't found anything to top them yet, but then again, i haven't tried! It's probably a good thing, too. It's not like when you shop for kids, because their size changes each year. When we shop, it is an investment because, for the most part, our bodies aren't doing too much changing. I don't mind spending 30-40 bucks on jeans that will last three to four years!

Sounds like you two are having a blast! Stay safe and keep on having fun!
emily

Marianne said...

Ok, so if they cost 30 or 40 bucks, I would have bought 2 or 3 pairs. They are nothing like Old Navy. I like my Old Navy jeans too, but these are in a different class. I'll post pictures another time.

suzan said...

well, well, a conversation between your butt and the jeans!!!! I bet you had a BIG O when you slipped those bad boys on!!!! All is grand here. Kids are finishing eating lunch and viv will go down for her nap!! Big girls have a spelling test on Fri. First one. They are excited. We miss u!

Harmony said...

Okay, I am so feeling the love on this on. I ONLY wear Lucky Jeans--ONLY! Once you have seen your (um, butt) in Lucky Jeans there is no going back.

Plus, can anyone say 36 inch inseams? They have 1/2 yearly sales where their jeans go 50% off. Blake and I go in and fistfight for jeans (you know, fistfight other people, not each other)

Need (um, butt) pictures soon!

Harmony said...

AND they say "Lucky You" on the inside of the zipper. We're nothing if not classy.

Monique said...

That is why I rave about the Buckle. They sell those bad boys, but MD doesn't have one. grr. You have to buy another pair sooner or later, or you will wear them out like I did. :) Can't wait to see them in person!

Harmony said...

I love us. Check out your other posts. "Eh, you made it to Hawaii--you get 2 comments" and then "Holy crap, JEANS? Well that's worth talking about"

Women rule!

Marianne said...

That's why I love being a girl. I bet I could talk to any random strange girl and totally be able to relate about jeans.

Janet said...

Well, lookie lookie who's lucky lucky?! *wink* There's ALMOST nothing like a great pair of jeans...ALMOST...you know me too well to have to detail it! LOL!

You two look like you're having a wonderful time! I'm so happy for you!

PS You BLOG really well! I love the commentaries and pics! I'm inspired now!

Love you!