Saturday, February 2, 2008

The newest Covergirls

A couple of weeks ago, I went away for the annual scrapbook weekend with a bunch of girlfriends. Technically, it was called a 'scrapbook weekend', but since I don't scrapbook it was just a get away from the kids weekend for me. As you might expect, we shared some pretty deep secrets about ourselves like, 'I have bought outfits to match my scrapbook paper' and 'I haven't touched a scrapbook since last year'. Since I don't scrapbook, I didn't understand why they would go through such pains to get the perfect pictures for the perfect layout.

That is, until I started this blog. I haven't gone so far as coordinating outfits (yet), but I did take advantage of a great photo opportunity and I even *gasp* staged some pictures just so I could post them today. Is that normal? Do you bloggers do that? I mean, after I wrote my entry yesterday, I was already planning what I was going to write about today. I think I need help.

Now for the picture: I used to be so anti-makeup on little kids. Until Vivian came along. I have realized that some things just aren't worth taking a stand for if they occupy your kids so you can get some quiet time. Makeup is one of those things. I gave Mimi and Vivian the cheapo eye shadow I bought for Halloween and here is what they came up with! Pretty good, huh? Not really, but who cares? It was a 'fun mommy' moment. Watch out Drew Barrymore, we're the newest CoverGirls!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Monique said...

Ha! We've got you hooked! And for the record, I still coordinate outfits with scrapbook paper and it's not that deep of a secret. . . I just think it's about time I go to Scrapbooks Anonymous. :) Lookin' good!

Harmony said...

So I'm looking at the picture thinking "Wow, Patricia looks weird. Holy cow! That's Mimi! MIMI!" Insane. Don't they just not grow when you don't see them? I thought that was how it works.

I'm already in love with your blog and this is your third entry. Keep it up baby!

Misty said...

I hear ya woman. If 99 cent eyeshadow keeps them busy what's it hurting. I love the blog by the way crackin me up. Keep up the good work.

Janet said...

I'm loving the eyeshadow! Can you say, "Cheetas?!" LOL! That is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time!