Saturday, February 23, 2008

We're Here!!


We got off to an icy start this morning and got to the airport in the nick of time. I think we were one of the last people to board the plane. We got up at about 4am Eastern time, and I am still up at 9pm Hawaii time. That's 22 hours! I am bonkers.

Our hotel is beautiful! I can't believe that the government is paying for us to stay here. Mel said something really cool tonight as we were sitting at the pool eating dinner listening to three Hawaiian dudes sing. He said, "This is one of those times when things turn out better than you thought it would, and it's wonderful." It really is! I can't wait to see this place during the daytime.

We are right in the middle of all the action. In the back of the hotel is the beach, and in front of the hotel we have all the shopping we could possibly want. I think over the weekend we are going to travel around the island and soak up the culture. On Monday when Mel goes to work, I am going to go shopping. I will probably just window shop. Maybe I'll go to the Chanel store and try something on there.
The pillow is calling my name. I can't ignore it anymore. I am going to go for now. I'll be in touch soon!!

1 comment:

Harmony said...

If that picture is what you look like after being awake for 22 hours, I can't be your friend anymore. Who looks like that getting off a plane? I fly in sweatpants--yeah, that's how I roll.