Sunday, February 24, 2008

The USS Arizona


Today, we went to Pearl Harbor to see the USS Arizona memorial. We really enjoyed being able to experience such an important part of U.S. history.




First, we watched a movie about the attack. Then we were shuttled across the harbor to the memorial. The feeing of reverence we felt was amazing as we stepped off the boat and walked into the memorial.


As I looked down and saw the remains of the ship underwater, I felt a deep sense of gratitude toward those men who were there that morning who died while serving our country.



I love my country.






2 comments:

Lucy said...

I've always wanted to go here. Thanks for the post. I love your country, too. By the way, have a blast!!

Emily said...

I always love going to these kinds of memorials. They just leave me in awe for many different reasons. I would love to go there someday, because that is a one of a kind type of place. What a truly amazing place to be able to go to.