Friday, February 15, 2008

A New V-day Tradition

Last night, we started our new Valentine's Day tradition. I don't know if everyone else in my family is on board with the idea of it being a family tradition, but since I pretty much decide those things anyway, it is. Oh, and since I am starting the tradition you know it has to do with food.

We went to Pei Wei for dinner first. For any of you who have not ever been there, you gotta go. It's owned by the same company as P.F. Chang's. I like to call it a fast food version of P.F. Changs. But it doesn't taste like fast food. You know, like the kind of Chinese food you get at the food court at the mall? It's nothing like that. Our huge family got two appetizers (yes, we got the lettuce wraps), four entrees, and five drinks for $50. It's a good deal especially because everyone ate during the entire time we were seated (even Vivian didn't stop eating), and we have leftovers. Lots of them.

Then afterward, we went to Cold Stone for ice cream. Mel and I didn't get any. We were both too stuffed after eating all that yummy food. The kids loved it! Cold Stone is a special treat for them.

I like doing V-day this way. It's a special time for us to show our kids how much we enjoy going out with them. So, there you have it. Our new tradition. If any of you are around next year and wan to join in on the fun, let me know. We'd love to have you along for the fun.

No comments: