Friday, February 29, 2008

The North Shore and South Pacific

Thursday we went to the famous Matsumoto's for shave ice. It was good, but I couldn't finish it because it was way to sweet.
Then Mel decided that after a week practicing his surfing skills on Waikiki beach, it was time to take it to the next level. So, while we were at the North Shore, he rented a surf board and took to the ocean. Hang ten!
Dum Dum Want Gum Gum

We call these the rump shakas. The day finished at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Wow! What an amazing educational experience that was. These dancers were from Tahiti. They had by far the most popular performances out of all the islands. Those girls could move.

Now, we're off to do one last thing before we head back home. We're going snorkeling. Don't be jealous this time-the water's freezing. I am not looking forward to it. I'm only doing it because I don't want Mel to go alone. I'm such a good wife!

(DISCLAIMER: No actual Minnicks caught waves during this vacation.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice disclaimer! It looks like you had an amazing vacation. I can't believe you kept up with your blog while having so much fun.

Lucy said...

Oh, I love all your pictures!! What a great trip! One day...